Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

ESP when lifted. How bad?

Old 03-22-2007, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESP when lifted. How bad?

So, specifically for the 2-3 inch lifted Jeeps running 33 or 35 inch tires, how badly does it really affect the ESP program? Is it real annoying? Does it only kick in once a month? How much worse on mountain roads? This is really what's keeping me from ever imagining that I'll have a lift some day....
Old 03-22-2007, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default ESP/ABS activation

I have a 2.5" Teraflex lift with only 31" tires and I don't believe the problem is with the lift since my Jeep has had this problem since day one. Now I can't say that the tires didn't cause it because I drove directly across the street and had them installed the day that I bought the Jeep. The dealership did Flash my computer for 32" tires (mine are actually 31.6") so this doesn't solve the problem. I have an appointment to have the latest TSB performed on Monday.

Search my other posts (YJtoJK) for more information. There's a lot of information out there, but still no firm answers.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

I've had no problems with mine (knock on wood), It has kicked in like two times but I was going around a turn very fast both times, for example, the first time it happened I was turing onto the on ramp of the interstate too fast. I didn't see the light until it was going out. I just happened to feel the brake pedal pulsate, and even then, it wasn't a problem or nuisance. Don't let it stop you from getting a lift.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

That's exactly what I want to hear from people. "Don't let it stop you"

If I hear that enough, that means it really isn't a bid deal like some folks make it seem.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Well, First of all, DC rushed to get the JK to the public, so there are going to be problems and there are always problems with new models, but most of all, for every one person that complains about something, there are many many more that don't.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

I havent had any problems. Mine kicks in occasionally on the entrance ramp to a highway, but thats when I'm probley driving to fast around a corner
Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

I had it come on this weekend and it was while driving on twisty turns that banked like in a hairpin curve. I think its just doing what its supposed to do. (I have the 2.5 teraflex on with stock rubber) and it only came on on the curves only.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:45 PM
brz
JK Enthusiast

i haven't had any problems with it yet. 2" black diamond. it was doing it when stock when i started it sometimes, light would stay on, but they flashed it when i got the speedo done and hasn't done it since.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has never kicked on while stock or after the 3" lift. No issues at all. Now my Satalite radio cutting out, that is another story all together...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Skyjacker 2.5 and 35's and I have never had it come on or cause a problem.

Quick Reply: ESP when lifted. How bad?