Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Eve skid system install 2012 issue

Old 09-21-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eve skid system install 2012 issue

Well I installed my evo skid system last night and while it is a very nice unit and covers all of the parts I need it too the install did not go all that easy. All was ok until it came time to install the cross member portion. this part has 7 holes in which 5 need to line up exactly and guess what they did not. The bolts at the gas tank skid where 1/16 off and the hole for the center was off as well. I know I cross threaded at least 2 bolts trying to wiggle the in a little off but the two bolts holes at the gas skid had to be enlarged with a grinder to make it work.
All and all I would buy it again but I was surprised that on something that requires such a exact fitment that it was not correct or at least slightly slotted holes for some give.

As a Sid note my jeep is 1.5 months old and never wheeled (except for a mud puddle or two) so nothing has gotten tweaked from the trail yet

Quick Reply: Eve skid system install 2012 issue