Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO Double ThrowDown vs. MetalCloak 6Pak

Old 06-04-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post EVO Double ThrowDown vs. MetalCloak 6Pak

I'm having hard time trying to decide on what system to use and I would like to know you guys opinion on this. Anyone have any experience (maintenance, ride comfort and performance) using both or one of the other? Please post your thoughts on this.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2013, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

From my original response to your question in another thread:

Originally Posted by JKred
The DTD is a cantilever rear, standard over axle front coilover/bypass shock system that is really most beneficial desert racing and high speed.

The 6pak shock is a floating body dual piston internal bypass shock designed to give exceptional overall travel out of standard coil/shock brackets. Significantly less evasive install.

Apples compared to marinated steak tips.
You need to ask yourself what your intensions are with your jeep before you settle on a kit
Old 06-04-2013, 05:05 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by JKred
From my original response to your question in another thread:

You need to ask yourself what your intensions are with your jeep before you settle on a kit
Good Advice, your not really comparing Apples to Apples. The Cantilever gives 14" of usable wheel travel, while also giving an outstanding ride on the pavement.

Performance? We race King of the Hammers with our double throw down system. The currie johnny Joints will need maintenance on oil changes (grease into the fittings).
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info guys.

Quick Reply: EVO Double ThrowDown vs. MetalCloak 6Pak