Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVo Off Road Evolution

Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVo Off Road Evolution

Getting ready to purchase a suspension mod and have been salivating over the Off Road Evolution coil over system. This will be a daily driving vehicle but I want it to be a beast off road as well. Any feedback from current owners of the coil over system and what it is going to set me back $$.
Want to run 35' tires and plan to down the road re-gear to get the power and fuel mileage back up.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that there Cantilever Rear System and the Double Throwdown System for the front, are in my opinion the most intriguing and performing option out there. The deal is also that in the event both of these setups with coilovers is available to you, nearly 10000 worth of funds is necessary for tires, wheels, gears, etc.
Take into consideration also, maybe if purchased all at one time, that might warrant one a discount percentage, maybe?
Check out the sponsors section of the forum, guaranteed link to ORE site there.
Good luck, and post pics if you do a mod like this
Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Must be nice to have an extra 10K lting around.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default take a look at my build

Originally Posted by JPfinatic
Getting ready to purchase a suspension mod and have been salivating over the Off Road Evolution coil over system. This will be a daily driving vehicle but I want it to be a beast off road as well. Any feedback from current owners of the coil over system and what it is going to set me back $$.
Want to run 35' tires and plan to down the road re-gear to get the power and fuel mileage back up.
Thanks in advance.
Still working and I'm doing all my own install. plus a 6.1 Hemi.
its been a lot of hard work and time waiting on parts but its all starting to come together. i'm very happy with the options i have picked and want to do this right and do it once. so i jumped in with both feet and the JK will be my daily driver when i'm finished. it's been close to 10 months from when i started to ripe the JK apart t'll now. some of it for parts back orders and others for changing my mind with what i wanted to do. I've re-geared to 4.88 kept the auto trans installed my hemi and now have the long arm kit and the double throw down front and rear all but done. so working on the radiator and my PSC power steering ram steer for the Hutchinson bead lock with 35 tires. I'm do think that EVO has a group price if you you get more than one item at one time for the suspension setup. give them a call. the product is great quality and they are always ready to answer any questions you could have. best of luck with your build my only suggestion would be to get all the parts ordered in then check it make sure its correct then start. it would have been nice if i drove the JK over the summer but that's ok i'll like it when its done.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by angermgmt
Must be nice to have an extra 10K lting around.
I always think that too. But nice thing is, once the Jeep is payed off, ten grand into the Jeep over the next 12 to 24 months is attainable. I think I will want to get a tow rig after the Jeep, and really take on some fun mods.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

I sell real estate for a living and the checks that come in can be large, that's the only way i'll be able to do what I want. The coil over system will no doubt be over kill for the amount of off-road time i"ll get to spend but i've heard some great things about the ride that you get with this system as well. This is the 7th jeep i've owned and have always done the big lift/big tire combo but I want a system with "brains" this time and this coil over system looks like someone has done their homework to make this a top of the line modification. This will hopefully become just a toy and should see very few highway miles. The wife may not be happy but oh well right? It's a jeep thing, she just don't understand. Thanks for the feedback and I would appreciate more if you have it.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 09RubiconUnlimited
.... I'm doing all my own install....

... now have the long arm kit and the double throw down front and rear all but done. ...
I'm considering the EVo front coil over and rear lever system. Trying to decide if this is something I should try to install or if it is better left in professional hands.
So how long did it take to install all the EVO components? Did you do all your own cutting/welding? How did the install go?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

I am also looking at doing the front Coil over with the Rear Kings and springs for phase I and doing the Evo lever and long arm Kit Phase II. cant do it all at once since I will also be regearing and adding locker.

Expensive yes. But pay once pain is once for quality has been my experience. I am also starting to look at the little stuff i can do on my own to cut the install cost down.

Quick Reply: EVo Off Road Evolution