Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO Plush ride coils!!! I dont know about plush!!!!

Old 04-21-2017, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunno i did not like the EVO coils.
Old 08-26-2023, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all. I know this an old thread but thought I'd make an update for folks considering the EVO Plush Ride coils. I personally like them and have cycled through AEV, TeraFlex, Metal Cloak, and AEV coils. The EVOs are very soft which could be a good thing or not so good thing depending on your suspension needs. These coils in combination with King OEM 2.5s worked well for me for crawling and twisty mountain road driving. I've experienced bottoming issues on the trail at faster speeds in a fully loaded jeep that I didn't encounter with other springs. Gotta take the bad with the good. I'm running King 2.5 bump stops to compensate but I'd rather not be bottoming so much but that's another conversation. I will also say that the EVOs tend to sag more over time then the other springs I've used. I've got measurements I can share if anyone is seriously interested.

Lastly, EVO Manufacturing makes it very hard for consumers to get a good shock/coil tune because they don't release their spring rates whereas TeraFlex will. This is an inane policy in my opinion. So at my own expense I had the EVO Plush Ride spring rates measured. The rear coils come in at 166 pounds of compression per inch. Pretty soft. This rate is for the EVO-1062 Rear Plush Ride Coils pair JK 4". Comparable TeraFlex's are in the 170 range.

If anyone is seriously into tuning their ride and suspension I'm happy to share notes. Just PM me.
Old 08-28-2023, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brankz
40s on 3.5 lift?
I'm on 40's w/ a 2" lift. Comp cut front & rear JKU. There's a guy w/ a JK on NEGATIVE lift. But his comp cut is extreme.
So I believe the OP can run em on 3.5" of lift. Here's a photo of mine.

​​​​​​​

Quick Reply: EVO Plush ride coils!!! I dont know about plush!!!!