Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

EVO vs AEV Lift ???

Old 01-12-2015, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadmt
4.5" lift with flat fenders is going to be way over kill for 37's for a street queen. It will look funny in my opinion. I have 35's with a 1.5" RK lift and flat fenders and it looks borderline goofy lol.
How does that look goofy? Maybe you guys need to go back to owning a car.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by n3tfury
How does that look goofy? Maybe you guys need to go back to owning a car.
Hey it is a car lol. It is just a car that gets me to some cool places. It has been on the reputed toughest legal trails in Montana but I still think it looks borderline goofy.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Comparo

I am on my fourth JK with four different lift kits on each one of JK's that I have owned. I currently have a 2014 Rubicon Unlimited with the AEV lift kit on it and I have never been happier with this lift kit choice. I don't wheel as much as I used to but it does well for my needs off-road. The ride on the road is better than the OEM ride and I thought that it would be next to impossible for that to happen. I would do it again if I had to.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
I watched one bend on 33s on not a crazy hit. But if you have 37s imo you should have assist so there for maybe you can run that crappy overpriced one.
Have to agree with Maertz on this one. It's not just the metal, it is the ends as well. The ends on my new OEM drag link lasted half a season on 37s. Thought it was an alignment issue so I brought it in to my alignment guy. He said I was lucky to have made it and that the end was about to completely separate. It looked really bad.

Then I borrowed one from a friend as I had a new build starting. Got home and took a look at it - yep, junk. He ran 37s for 9 months on it.

I wouldn't run 37s without at least full size 1 ton ends. For those that wheel, I think hydro assist is a must as it puts too much stress on the steering.

Oh yeah, and my D44 came with an AEV flipped drag link the guy had run for about 4 months. The end on the knuckle side was destroyed. In fact, I have two AEV flipped drag links in my basement right now and both are junk.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jadmt
Hey it is a car lol.
Where's the cringe icon?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

I have the 4" Enforcer (with the cheaper Bilstein vs. KING shock option) on 37's with flat fenders and I am happy. Many people say the jeep is incredibly smooth and stable who drive it or ride in it. That said, I have never ridden in an AEV lifted JK, but I am sure they are quality, and both will be miles ahead of some procomp kit or something like that.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by VETTETHRET
FWIW- I have the AEV 4.5" and can tell you the ride is stiff as shi$. I have their "Tuned" shocks and a very heavy rear tire carrier, ride is very stiff. My tires are D load and not E so the tires aren't part of the problem. The Resi shocks will not improve on road ride, only off road with the shocks overheating. I will be taking these shocks off shortly, that's how stiff my ride is. My rig only has 1800 miles on it so the suspension is fresh and alignment good. I've heard nothing but good things for the EVO plush ride springs if your looking for a great ride. The dealership that did my install was supposed to do a Rock Krawler kit for me but royally screwed it up, they ended up giving me the AEV at their cost with no labor, that's the only reason I run it. Before I step up to $1500 adjustable Kings, Im going to throw on some Rancho 9000 adjustable's, I've heard NOTHING but great things about these shocks, and they are DIRT CHEAP compared to the Kings. This is my third JK- If I was you, I would do EVO's plush ride springs and the Rancho Adjustables. If you have the money King Adjustables. I think that would be about the most compliant ride around!
Yea this is what I'm hearing a lot on other boards. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2015, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
4.88 on the 3.6 and 37s is plenty. I had the same setup and didn't like driving much over 70 due to the RPMs. I had a manual trans. An auto would have slightly higher rpm.
Approximately what is your rpm @ 70 with what tires?

Quick Reply: EVO vs AEV Lift ???