Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Exhaust Spacers

Old 03-20-2013, 04:23 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Spacers

Just had a set of exhaust spacers installed on my JKU and i hear a rattle in my exhaust sometimes when I hit a rough road. Crawled underneath and looked around but no visual signs of where it's coming from.

I will crawl under again tomorrow and check all the bolts but any idea where it's coming from?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine too. I think mine is from the exhaust "buzzing" against the crossmember when the engine twists on the motor mounts. It only does it for. Split second under hard acceleration from a dead stop. I put a washer between the crossmember and it lessened it a bunch, but I think I need to add one more to get total clearance.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:22 PM
-

Originally Posted by Collyn
Mine too. I think mine is from the exhaust "buzzing" against the crossmember when the engine twists on the motor mounts. It only does it for. Split second under hard acceleration from a dead stop. I put a washer between the crossmember and it lessened it a bunch, but I think I need to add one more to get total clearance.
That's what I was thinking. It is super close to the crossmember. Could you take a picture of what you've done with the washer?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
-

Originally Posted by aaronstephen

That's what I was thinking. It is super close to the crossmember. Could you take a picture of what you've done with the washer?
Nevermind... I get what you've done. I'll try doing the same thing tomorrow but maybe I'll throw two in there. Thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Coast 1310 no exhaust spacer is what I'm running and no problems.
Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
-

Originally Posted by Collyn
I put 4 spacers in at the crossmember and the rattle is gone. Thanks for the idea.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Spacers