Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Expedition One ALUMINUM bumper?

Old 12-02-2013, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expedition One ALUMINUM bumper?

Forgive me if I'm late to the party, but I just saw this link for an Expedition One Trail Series front bumper made from aluminum.

I'd not been aware Exp1 offered any aluminum products. Does anyone here own one, or have you seen it? How does quality compare with its steel counterpart? Any reason not to pair an aluminum front with a steel rear?

Also, the site lists the same weight -- 95 pounds -- for steel and aluminum. Any idea what the aluminum bumper actually weighs?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I don't see how it weighs that much. My Expedition One core series only weighs 65lbs, and is steel..
Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my Expedition One Trail Series ALUMINUM rear bumper. It weighs 35 lbs. I'm not positive but I think the steel version of the same bumper weighs about 85 lbs.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Here is my Expedition One Trail Series ALUMINUM rear bumper. It weighs 35 lbs. I'm not positive but I think the steel version of the same bumper weighs about 85 lbs.
That sounds more like it. Must be a typo on the description in the link.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed. Having a lightweight option from these guys puts Expedition One back on my list. I love the AEV bumpers, but they cost an arm and a leg. Shrockworks has the classic aesthetic I like, but whenever I finally make a purchase, I don't want to wait a year for it. These bumpers might let me save a little money over the AEV and still shave some weight, too.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LoneWolf
Indeed. Having a lightweight option from these guys puts Expedition One back on my list. I love the AEV bumpers, but they cost an arm and a leg. Shrockworks has the classic aesthetic I like, but whenever I finally make a purchase, I don't want to wait a year for it. These bumpers might let me save a little money over the AEV and still shave some weight, too.
I can assure you that their quality is top notch.

Quick Reply: Expedition One ALUMINUM bumper?