Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Failed Emissions

Old 03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Failed Emissions

Hey guys,

I don't know where else to turn. My Jeep is a 2010 and living in Illinois, I need to do emissions. I went a couple days ago and I failed because my EGR flow is not supported. I only have 25,000 miles on her and I don't think I need/have to replace it. I have no check engine light and I ran a diagnostic test with my programmer and nothing came up but I still failed emissions. I have a Ripp supercharger and Ripp headers with their high flow cats. I have no idea if I need to actually replace my EGR or if it's something a tune could fix. If anyone could give me some insight that would be great.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Carbon build up in the EGR will cause it to stick open and push excessive exhaust gas. Most of the time the Jeep will run fine and you wont know there is an issue unless it pops a light.

I replaced mine on my 08 last year and it took about 5 hours and under 100 bucks. Dealer quoted me 380 to do the work.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

If I remember the name of the stuff it's called, "Guarranteed to Pass." Buy it, use it, pass it, and be done with it.

Here, I went and found you a link. It really works. I know from experience...

Robot Check
Old 03-25-2014, 09:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol, does that stuff really work? Seems fishy
Old 03-25-2014, 10:52 PM
JK Freak

Yes it works. For $12 bucks it's in my opinion worth a shot. If you fail, mail a copy of your fail in and the company will give you double what you paid for it.

They don't stay in business paying people double what they paid for it either...

Quick Reply: Failed Emissions