Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Feedback on Banks Monster Exhaust?

Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any pics of your banks set up

i just installed my magnaflow cat back and find there is more clearance than stock by about 3 inches
Old 05-19-2008, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

anybody know y 4wp only has only the 4door exhaust?

Last edited by yellowrubi; 05-19-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default Banks and Airaid CAI

Just installed a Banks exhaust and Airaid CAI, and very pleased. The engine has a real nice growl, but not too much, where it disturbs the neighbors

I just get a little bit of whistle when I accelerate, almost sounds like a turbo kicking in !!

Overall great combo.....Be interested to know how you other JK's like this combo.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yellowrubi
anybody know y 4wp only has only the 4door exhaust?
I just got mine yesterday... havent installed it, but i waited over a month for it. i think they actually had to make it. everyone is pumping stuff out for the 4drs but not much for the 2 doors i find... damn shame if you ask me.

i will let you know how it goes
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM
JK Freak

Has anyone ever used the Banks exhaust with the hypertech? I have the exhaust, headers and cai. Just wondering if the hypertech is worth the money?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets see them
The following users liked this post:
RobT247 (02-03-2022)
Old 05-31-2008, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey all,

I have a comment on the Banks exhaust for any of you doing the install yourself. First, it's easy, but have a bottle of WD-40 ready and soak the rubber hangers....SOAK them or prepare to curse.

Next, the oh so pretty chrome tip. PLEASE be careful on this. The day i purchased my 4-door Rubi brand new (May 8th), I also installed a Banks monster exhaust in my brother-in-laws 08 Unlimited Rubi. As the dealer was picking my Jeep up from another dealer, I was anxiously awaiting the call to come pick it up. At 5pm, I had just finished the install of the Banks exhaust and all i had left was that pretty little exhaust tip with only one clamp and bolt to go. Picking up my Jeep was oh so close.

The clamp holding the chrome tip has a nut that rides up onto a bolt, pushing any SHORT type socket off. As the nut was tightening up, i gave it a nice tug to snug it up and off slipped the socket, pushed off by the bolt as the nut rode up.

I slipped back and the top of my left index finger crossed the edge of the exhaust tip. I cut my finger very severly, blood everywhere and 6 stitches. All I could think about as I was bleeding everywhere was picking up my new Jeep and that I might have to wait another day.

I was out of the emergency room in 55 minutes (Monument Urgent Care..WONDERFUL!). I arrived home to torque that bolt down and was at the dealer by 7:30pm...thank god!

I drove home in my brand new Rubicon with a finger splint, 6 stitches, some drugs and a smile.

Please be careful. I could have avoided it all with a simple mechanic glove and a little patience. Keep that in mind when you tighten that last bolt...and use a deep socket, not the shorty.

Last edited by SB08JK; 05-31-2008 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

installed the banks exhaust- volant cai and hypertech... makes a huge difference... I live in the mountains. and where I was struggling on the climb it holds the shift point. and has a little more power. noise level is pretty quiet normally, but under a load it's pretty noisy- especially topless.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation use lots of wd 40

I installed mine last weekend... took about an hour to get the stock exhaust off and 20 minutes to install the new... I 2nd the previous post--- use lots of wd40 on the rubber grommets... i fought it for 45 min- finally broke out the wd- and it slipped right off... also required a long cold chissel and big hammer to break the stock loose.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubicon Rando
I just got mine yesterday... havent installed it, but i waited over a month for it. i think they actually had to make it. everyone is pumping stuff out for the 4drs but not much for the 2 doors i find... damn shame if you ask me.

i will let you know how it goes
it is a shame
thanks ill be waitin to hear bout it

Quick Reply: Feedback on Banks Monster Exhaust?