Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fender Liners and side marker harness

Old 04-24-2018, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fender Liners and side marker harness

Question:

I have a 2017 JKU that I just installed some steel flat Opar front and rear fenders. Install went perfectly and only took like 45 minutes to an hour. Now just looking for some front inner fender liners to buy so my electrical components aren't exposed anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to buy or what will fit with the Opar fenders?

Also, these fenders don't allow the side marker light anymore so after it was unplugged, the harness is just chillin hanging out under the fender. How bad is it just to keep it like that or do I need to tape it or something so water and stuff doesn't get to it?

I don't have any pictures at the moment but when I get off work I will try to upload some for reference. That being said, hopefully I explained it well enough.

Thank you in advance!
Old 04-24-2018, 05:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,600 Posts

Fortunately aluminum inner liners are much cheaper than they used to be. I have the Ace liners, and you can get them powder coated black for $200, subtract $24 if you will take em raw. Can also get the marker light for them, but tbh, they rip you off on that....can buy a small fisheye LED cheaper online. These 1-piece liners install in like 10 mins and look great. There are a lot of other options out there from various manufacturers. Used to be inner liners were close to $400, so nice to see cost of these solutions coming down quite a bit.

I powder coated mine anthracite.

The following users liked this post:
n3tfury (04-28-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Fortunately aluminum inner liners are much cheaper than they used to be. I have the Ace liners, and you can get them powder coated black for $200, subtract $24 if you will take em raw. Can also get the marker light for them, but tbh, they rip you off on that....can buy a small fisheye LED cheaper online. These 1-piece liners install in like 10 mins and look great. There are a lot of other options out there from various manufacturers. Used to be inner liners were close to $400, so nice to see cost of these solutions coming down quite a bit.

what do you mean they rip you off on the side marker light? I went and looked, its only like $228 with the light. whats the rip off?
Old 04-24-2018, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

They charge you $29 for the two marker lights. Just kinda frustrating as little LEDs like that cost $5.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

They charge you $29 for the two marker lights. Just kinda frustrating as little LEDs like that cost $5.
ah I see, and doing a little more research it seems like the light doesn't even link up to the factory harness. seems like a waste. so if I didn't run a side marker light, I could just use these fenders and it would be good. would you recommend covering the factory harness behind the fender?
Old 04-24-2018, 06:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by baker17jk
ah I see, and doing a little more research it seems like the light doesn't even link up to the factory harness. seems like a waste. so if I didn't run a side marker light, I could just use these fenders and it would be good. would you recommend covering the factory harness behind the fender?
Y, I had cut factory harness off and use blade connectors for the two wires so I can separate the wires if/when I have to remove the liner for whatever reason. Not a big deal really in that regard. If you don't put a marker light there, I'd probably just put a little dielectric grease on the exposed metal in the harness, and cover it with some tape or whatnot...just to protect it from the elements.

You might look around....I've not looked in quite a while as I don't need em, but I think there are even cheaper options out there these days that might suit you just as well. When I bought mine, these were the cheapest option.
The following users liked this post:
baker17jk (04-24-2018)
Old 04-24-2018, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Y, I had cut factory harness off and use blade connectors for the two wires so I can separate the wires if/when I have to remove the liner for whatever reason. Not a big deal really in that regard. If you don't put a marker light there, I'd probably just put a little dielectric grease on the exposed metal in the harness, and cover it with some tape or whatnot...just to protect it from the elements.

You might look around....I've not looked in quite a while as I don't need em, but I think there are even cheaper options out there these days that might suit you just as well. When I bought mine, these were the cheapest option.
awesome man you've been a great help, thanks a bunch!!
Old 04-24-2018, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just trim your oem liners. That's what I did wit my EAutogrille fenders.
Old 04-28-2018, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That anthracite looks awesome.
Old 04-28-2018, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

I ended up going with the ACE Engineering liners, couldn't be more pleased. I appreciate the advice!

Quick Reply: Fender Liners and side marker harness