Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Finally got the DW... yikes

Old 05-25-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got the DW... yikes

I was going about 45mh i hit the train tracks, ahha scared the shit outta me and the people around me....... Any ways, i have a 2.5 inch coil lift from teraflex, lately i've been getting some loud squeaks from the rear, when i have passengers in the back.

i'll check my front track bar tomorrow. but i got know idea where the noise is coming from the back... please help.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing to get you by, torque your track bar bolts to 125 lbs. Next, get some 9/16 x 3" UNF (fine thread) grade 8 bolts, grade 8 flat washers (both sides) and stover nuts. Replace those 14mm OEM bolts with these slightly larger bolts, and torque to 125 lbs. This should get rid of the DW unless it's happened frequently enough to woller out the holes larger or damage something else. I also went ahead and changed my rear track bar bolts with 9/16 x 3, and my front and rear lower control arm bolts with 9/16 x 4. Everything grade 8, and stover nuts on all of them. All torqued to 125 lbs. Really snugs things up.

Mark

Quick Reply: Finally got the DW... yikes