Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fixing to install evo draglink flip.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing to install evo draglink flip.

Anyone have any pointers? Wish me luck
Old 12-10-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have went with the synergy. Not much more expensive but gives you new ends that are better and it's a beefier bar as opposed to your current stock draglink just from a right hand drive.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Too late. I can always upgrade stuff later. So installed it and I think my axle center is off cause one of my sway bar link bolts hits the very lowest part of my upper coil bucket. So I guess tomorrow I'll be centering and checking my toe again.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Yea, you are essentially returning the angle of the track bar back to stock. Some will reuse their stock track bar because the aftermarket can't go short enough.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Yea, you are essentially returning the angle of the track bar back to stock. Some will reuse their stock track bar because the aftermarket can't go short enough.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Well my aftermarket one is now to short. The axle is pulled to the drivers side too much. So I have to measure everything tomorrow and center it back up. I left a bolt out of the track bar bracket. Probably because the instructions were shit and stripped a cheap lug nut. But tomorrow is a new day. Definitely feels lighter on steering and less pull(bumpsteer). Suspension seems to be doing a little more work. I just have to straighten the axle as my sway bar link hits metal to metal on big bumps.

I also need to adjust sway bar down about an inch. I had to get to work and had to get the jeep back to the house before doing so. I was rushed and couldn't get it all done. So, I'll be spending tomorrow dialing things in. Big up was I got my steerin wheel straight after only adjusting the draglink twice!! Set cruise and took some sharp turns and no esp. That part went really well! Haha

Quick Reply: Fixing to install evo draglink flip.