Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashcal now swaybar and engine light

Old 07-11-2016, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flashcal now swaybar and engine light

Long time lurker first time poster. So today the jku had the dash/electronics blank and then the dash lights lit up like a christmas tree. It did it a few times in a row in a couple second period. So i got home checked the battery connections first and the battery ground was a little loose so I tightened it up. Since I just recently got it re-geared i decide to plug in the Flashcal and check the settings since I had the shop do it and never ran through the Flashcal menus myself. In doing so I checked the tires size and gears. After doing so now the sway bar light won't go off and the check engine light is on as well too.

I cycled it through 4low several times, drove it around the block, turned on off several times, checked gas cap, battery etc. So i plugged the flashcal in and checked the codes. I have codes for days:

U1417 implausible left wheel distance signal
U1418 implausible right wheel distance signal
U1412 Implausible vehicle speed signal recevied
C1078 Tire revolution range performance
C2103 system voltage high
C2101 battery voltage high

(Could the codes below be from changing out the headlights and fog lights to Trucklite and KC LEDs?)
B1630 right low beam control control circuit high
b162c left low mean control circuit high

I did not have any issues till i ran through the tire and gear setup on the flashcal. So I am not sure if i caused the issue or not (I'm sure i did) Its a 15 JKU Rubicon on 315 70 17s with 4.56 gears. I have it inputed as 34.25 in the flash cal and the Aggie fingers over here got the 4.56 part matched up right .

Thoughts before I get on the phone tomorrow? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Well the speedometer was not working this morning on the way to work, glad its only a few miles. RMP gauge was working and everything else plus the blinking sway bar light and check engine light. Strange all this crapped out at once.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would use the flashcal to reset everything and start from scratch. I used the flashcal to set my 35s (33.75") and 4.56s with no issues.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:21 AM
JK Newbie

I heard with the latest update, that the flashcal is acting a bit crazy. And superchips is working on it. You should try to contact them, to see if you can get the flashcal to go back to the last firmware, that worked properly.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:12 AM
JK Newbie

Even though the Flashcal I have is only two months old it needed an update. The next issues was I was turning the jeep all the way on and off instead of just turning the ignition to power on and off while using the Flashcal. Thanks to the Superchips rep for that advice. After runing the calibrator that way it looks like it solved my sway bar light, check engine light and from a quick run in the parking garage the speedometer appears to be working again as well. Will run it on the road after work and see if she is good to go and check to see if I still have the other "codes".

Now to solve the very sporadic/random power on and off saga. Thinking new battery terminals are in order. Anyone else have that problem and changed out the terminals to fix?

Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Make sure you don't have any wires under the nuts closest to the battery terminals. Those are what tighten the battery connectors and having any wires under them will keep them from tightening properly.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Make sure you don't have any wires under the nuts closest to the battery terminals. Those are what tighten the battery connectors and having any wires under them will keep them from tightening properly.
Roger that i will double check this afternoon.

I hope its just a simple wiggling of the ground causing the issues. Just finished getting this jeep rigged for the trail. Don't want to go down the dealer route with TIPM issue or sway bar causing things to short.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

i had these same issues and all due to actually cycling the ignition and engine on...same situation, and was cleared up by speaking to a tech at superchips

TO MAKE IT CLEAR. USING THE SUPERCHIPS FLASHCAL OR FLASHPAQ, MAKE SURE TO CYCLE THE KEY TO IGNITION, BUT NOT ACTUALLY START THE ENGINE. JUST TURN THE KEY ALL THE WAY OFF, AND ALL THE WAY FORWARD TO IGNITION WITHOUT STARTING VEHICLE FOR EACH STEP IN THE FLASH PROCESS. ENGINE SHOULD NEVER TURN ON/OVER.

thank you superchips, but after looking through the manual, it may be advised to make it absolutely clear that engine is to never turn on during flashing.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Roshko
I heard with the latest update, that the flashcal is acting a bit crazy. And superchips is working on it. You should try to contact them, to see if you can get the flashcal to go back to the last firmware, that worked properly.
After messing w flashcal for 2 hrs (1hr w superchip tech support) I couldn't even get the update or tmps to download the other day. Bought the AEV ProCal and called it a day.

Quick Reply: Flashcal now swaybar and engine light