Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Flex-a-lite Hemi Radiator Design Fail

Old 12-26-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex-a-lite Hemi Radiator Design Fail

I finally went to install the flex-a-lite hemi radiator 52307 today and ran into considerable issues. The new radiator was a full two inches wider and of course one inch thicker due to three cores than the aluminum radiator supplied with the AEV kit. The radiator due to the increased width was up against the air box one side and wedged up against the AC / power steering cooler lines on the other side. The cooler was pushed to the side and bottom out of place due the radiators width and the hard lines to the cooler on the AC and the power steering would have to be altered to center the cooler where it needs to be.
The inlet and outlet nozzles on the flex-a-lite radiator were 1 1/4" closer together and lead to clearance issues with the outlet hose and the belt pulleys. The radiator can not be lowered down any more because it is up against the cross member on each end.
All in all a big thumbs down for Flex-a-lite in the design of this radiator. I have not been this aggravated in a long time with an install. So I just wasted a lot of time and money. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0001.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	589160Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0005.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	589161
Old 12-26-2014, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you contacted them to verify that you didn't get the wrong one by accident? I wouldn't think a company like that would build something so far off for that application.

Quick Reply: Flex-a-lite Hemi Radiator Design Fail