Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog lights and driving lights

Old 01-31-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights and driving lights

I've searched but I can't find an answer to my question. For you guys with fog and driving lights, where did you install the switches ? I've seen the pics of the single switches installed to the left of the steering wheel and the daystar panel but I don't really need four switches. Any suggestions? Sorry if this has been asked before.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
JK Junkie

Here's my switch for my Hella 500's. Single switch to the left of the steering wheel

Old 01-31-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Freak

Default Same as scouter4life

I put mine same place. Before you cut anything, check the position while you're sitting in your normal driving position -- the blinker stalk blocks my view of the switch unless I move my head slightly. Otherwise, it's a good, unused spot. Sorry, no pics
Old 01-31-2008, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check out this thread
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=switches
Old 01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks hiteck. Thats what I was looking for. I'm just going to mount them side by side over the speaker.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was in the same situation as you a few weeks ago. I have the daystar Switch Panel and at the moment I'm only using the one spot. But now I can add a few more switches with having to drill in my dash. Just have to cut out a spot on the panel each time.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you don't have the power package, you can mount switches vertically in between the two a/c vents on the dash console. I have not done it yet, but that's where my switches are going. My driving lights and fog lights just came in from RallyLights, so I'm hoping to have them installed within a month. I'm still missing three things, a-pillar brackets and the cirkit boss from Painless Wiring, and some better looking switches. I found a website several weeks ago that had smaller switches (like the one that comes with the Hella 500's) with just about any symbol you could want on a switch; but, I can't remember what it is now.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

That is a good idea for those switches. I don't have the power package so they should fit perfect. Let me know if you find some decent switches.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been looking for the site that had the switches with all kinds of lighted icons; but I have not found it yet.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found the switches. They're Carling Tech Contura series rocker switches. Here's the address to the .pdf of all the different icons.

carlingtech.com/pdf/vl_serswitlegends.pdf

Quick Reply: Fog lights and driving lights