Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fog Lights on LOD bumper

Old 07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights on LOD bumper

I have the regular LOD front bumper w/ fog light holes. I'm just now getting around to putting on the fog lights, it's been about 3 months. I've run into the problem that the bolts used on the bumper are bigger than the holes in the fog lights. Additionally, they are not exactly aligned, so I'm worried that if I just drill them out it will won't line up. Anyone face this? Suggestions?

Also, the LOD bumper doesn't appear to be exactly level with the Jeep itself. I'm not sure what could cause this, all the bolts are tightened, I didn't torque down one side before the other or anything.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had to drill out the plastic on the foglights to get the bolts on the bumper to fit. No issue at all. Sorry but I don't remember what size bit I went with. I had it off at the time so I started small and worked up. It took me two tries to find the right size. The alignment of the bolts/holes were also off for me but again when I drilled them out no issues. In fact, I believe that I made one new hole.

If you are unsure then i suggest taking the bumoer off and placing it over a workbench. You'll get the foglights exactly as you want them and who knows maybe it will go on level the second time. I didn't have an issue with the level.

Pretty simple process to take off and put back on again even with a winch.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x3 fit nice once the holes were opened up.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the LOD signature shorty and had to drill out my lights as well (1/4" ?), but that was expected. I also found that the round openings had warped a little out of round when welded. I had to carefully tweak the thin metal and the bolts to get the lights to fit perfect! I found that tightening (snug) the winch plate to the bumper before tightening to the frame rails helped. You may have to drill out or die grind the odd hole to get the bumper to line up perfect!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just kept using a larger drill bit till they went in. Hold on tight cause when the bit digs its going to want to spin the light instead of drill a hole. I also had to use a file on the side of the light to get it in. It really sounds worse than it is. Just mod em to fit and enjoy.

Ty

Quick Reply: Fog Lights on LOD bumper