Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front bumper cost..

Old 02-18-2007, 01:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front bumper cost..

i was just comparing some different style front bumpers for the JK.
I came across the "fabfour" bumper - and I'm thinking to myself - are they f*cking nuts?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...s&pn=12000.31X

>1,000

with all the other VIABLE choices out there in the $400-$700 range, fab four believes their offering to be that much better?

even warn's front bumper (despite having the sit-on-top winch) is around 600.

well, i really don't have a point...i guess i'm just ranting about the cost.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

[QUOTE=jsherman;33517]i was just comparing some different style front bumpers for the JK.
I came across the "fabfour" bumper - and I'm thinking to myself - are they f*cking nuts?

Yes I think they are as well as anyone who pay's that. You could get a Lod and a winch for that much not to mention I think they Lod looks better. I love my Jeep and have purchased the front and rear bumper form Lod. And even at a much better price then most of the other bumpers I think I'm crasy for spending almost $800.00 on bumpers but............I love my Jeep so I'm sure they will sell just not to me and most certainly not to you
Old 02-18-2007, 01:23 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsherman
i was just comparing some different style front bumpers for the JK.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...s&pn=12000.31X

>1,000

with all the other VIABLE choices out there in the $400-$700 range, fab four believes their offering to be that much better?

even warn's front bumper (despite having the sit-on-top winch) is around 600.

well, i really don't have a point...i guess i'm just ranting about the cost.
It is expensive, but it is a very nice bumper. One thing is that it does come with the hella lights. It also is a bit more complex than most other bumpers on the market (takes more time to build). When ARB releases thier bumper I expect it to be around the same price if not more. I personally am going with the the LOD front bumper, I like how simple it is.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEV
It is expensive, but it is a very nice bumper. One thing is that it does come with the hella lights. It also is a bit more complex than most other bumpers on the market (takes more time to build). When ARB releases thier bumper I expect it to be around the same price if not more. I personally am going with the the LOD front bumper, I like how simple it is.
x2. as much as we're all raving about some other front armor on here (i'm a shrockworks guy myself), if these other manufacturers were to incorperate all that tubing, the crush cans and plug and play lighting, we'd be looking at similiar prices for them. which is unfortunate, because i really like the look of that bumper.
as it stands, i'm glad i'm overseas for the next year and a half. the cost of shipping a bumper over here is insane, so by the time i'm stateside, all these issues will be worked out, and i can pick on up on ebay for a couple hundred!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default LoD Front Bumper Pics With Warn Winch

Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

I think the LOD bumper is fricking ugly. I also think the Fab Fours Bumper is fricking ugly to. It looks like it got pushed up. All their stuff is a bunch of money. I got a chance to talk to the owners at the Salt Lake Off Road Expo last year and I was not impressed to say the least. I want a front bumper but no one seems to make up what I am after. The AEV one is the best one so far. (what I think anyway) To be honest I hear about all you guys talking about price and bumpers and I think its funny you will spend the money on a new Jeep then put the cheap crap on it. Thats just my .02! You get what you pay for. I know there are going to be arguements on that last comment so sit on this I will stick my Jeeperman Tire Carrier next to any other one on the market loaded up with gear and I am willing to bet it doesnt rattle and hold the weight better. Look at some of the tire carriers out their they use trailer spindles! Whats up with that? Would you buy a Kia if they had a two door convertable with solid axles?
Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Expedition Built JK
I got a chance to talk to the owners at the Salt Lake Off Road Expo last year and I was not impressed to say the least.
What were you not impressed about? Quality? Their clothes? Faces?

The Fab Fours bumper is way nice. Now if the styling is what you don't like then that is one thing. But, as for build quality, fit and finish, and quality of materials it is top notch. The price is justified.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I think the LOD bumper is fricking ugly. I also think the Fab Fours Bumper is fricking ugly to. It looks like it got pushed up. All their stuff is a bunch of money. I got a chance to talk to the owners at the Salt Lake Off Road Expo last year and I was not impressed to say the least. I want a front bumper but no one seems to make up what I am after. The AEV one is the best one so far. (what I think anyway) To be honest I hear about all you guys talking about price and bumpers and I think its funny you will spend the money on a new Jeep then put the cheap crap on it. Thats just my .02! You get what you pay for. I know there are going to be arguements on that last comment so sit on this I will stick my Jeeperman Tire Carrier next to any other one on the market loaded up with gear and I am willing to bet it doesnt rattle and hold the weight better. Look at some of the tire carriers out their they use trailer spindles! Whats up with that? Would you buy a Kia if they had a two door convertable with solid axles?
Dude...............Did someone kill your dog ?

And yes I will alway's bitch about spending money.

And I am glad you are happy with your tire carrier so we don't have to hear about it on this forum.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you really feel?

Murray? Do you know a mike Stevens?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Na I really dont care, just sturring things up. I dont have a dog and no I dont know Mike Stevens.

Quick Reply: front bumper cost..