Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

front control arm question

Old 10-11-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front control arm question

i have a 2.5 bb and my jeep wonders all over the road. i need to get my caster back to factory or more. i just want to get lower arms and keep stock uppers. any one got a guess on how much longer the lowers will need to be?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
i have a 2.5 bb and my jeep wonders all over the road. i need to get my caster back to factory or more. i just want to get lower arms and keep stock uppers. any one got a guess on how much longer the lowers will need to be?
You probably want to go with upper control arms. I had a similar question that was answered here:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/lower-upper-control-arms-17626/
Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Well, if you get lowers, you will have to extend them quite a bit out in order to give you enough angle to increase your positive caster. Unfortunately, you will be limited to how much threads you have to work with. If you get uppers only, you will be limited to how much shorter than stock you can make them. Either way, if you don't do both at the same time, you will most likely be able to only make a +1°-2° difference. And, for whatever it's worth, that may be enough for you.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

wol you mean like a inch will i have steering problems or trackbar problems lenthing just the lower arms a inch
Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
wol you mean like a inch will i have steering problems or trackbar problems lenthing just the lower arms a inch
Yes, you will most likely need to lenghten them about an inch to make any real difference. This shouldn't cause any problem with steering your track bar but it may cause your coils to bow a bit which may ultimately cause them to rub on the bump stop towers a bit. But, that's nothing serious.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanx for the help
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get one set, see how it rides. Add the other set if you need more. Your wandering should improve with each set.

Quick Reply: front control arm question