Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front DS / 5" Lift / 6 Speed Manual

Old 08-13-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front DS / 5" Lift / 6 Speed Manual

I currently have a new Coast front driveshaft that has not been installed yet. I have about 5" of lift and have had no issues flexing out. Do I really need the new drive shaft in or is the stock ok for now? (6 Speed)

Suspension Specs: 2.5" TF BB, 2.5" TF Coil, 5" Bilstein 5100's, TF Adj Rear UCA's, TF Adj Front LCA's, Extended Brake Lines, Front & Rear JKS TrackBars.

Thanks!
Eric
Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

being that you have a 6-speed, you can probably just run the factory shaft till it does fail and, it will sooner than later at the cv joint.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Default Front drive shaft

I have a 3" bds suspension lift on my jku and i think my front shaft is going south? There was a small amount of grease oozing out under the metal band at the transfer case side. It has now stopped at that end and seems to be at u joint as of today? I am finding little specs of grease on oil pan & front lower arms. I was thinking aftermarket shaft this october but, i'm not sure which one & what else i need to get it done correctly? I had to chime in because of op having a 5" lift on stock shafts and is still running oem shafts.
Thanks for any input
Old 08-14-2012, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

just fyi, my DS failed with 3in of lift at the cv joint

Last edited by stroken04; 08-14-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Front DS / 5" Lift / 6 Speed Manual