Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front Electronic Disconnect with Lift?

Old 05-29-2007, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Electronic Disconnect with Lift?

Ive looked at different lifts and the companies arnt saying what they are doing about the front disconnect in the Rubicon and others with the options vs. those that do not have the option. Are they just supplying extensions or something else? Just didnt want to get a lift and have to get disconnects instead of getting to use the tech that was paid for.....
Old 05-30-2007, 01:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it depends on the size of the lift. some of them are supplying rear extensions, then suggesting moving the old rear extensions to the front. some of them are offering new disco's for the front (i.e., not differentiating between the models with the incab, and those without)

different companies are doing things differently. give them a call.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor

bump.

Any additional information on this? I am curious too, although I'm a ways off from buying a lift.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They just need to be longer, how much depends on the lift. My Skyjacker kit came with new front (quick disco's) and rears, but I didn't need the quick discos, so I sold them on ebay, and used the factory rears on the front. They are the perfect size for a 4" lift.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks. By the way, I like way your Jeep sits. I was thinking 4" and 35"s might look odd, but it looks like you would have allot of room for articulation. At the risk of highjacking this thread, what backspacing did you do on your wheels (those are 12.5 wide tires)?

Quick Reply: Front Electronic Disconnect with Lift?