Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front locker actuator help please

Old 08-04-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front locker actuator help please

I was wondering why my front locker wouldn't engage with the locker light only blinding. I noticed that the plastic connector that comes out the top part of the pumpkin broke off. I would like to replace it myself. Looks like there is a small screw holding the actuator in place. Anyone have any experience installing these. I have searched the forums and Web and couldn't find anything
Old 08-04-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

From my understanding to fix the actuator you need to pull the carrier. Most people when they break the connector they just hard wire them or the go wih a different connector.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

Ya I was afraid of that but thought it was only the mushroom head sensor on the side which indicates if the locker is engaged
Old 08-04-2012, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe I'm not 100% sure now. Where Did you find a lock actuator for sale? I have a rear locker that does the same ( out if the jeep/ replaced on warinity) and the locker does not engage far enough to keep it locked. I'm gonna look into repairing it, just haven't had time yet!
Old 08-06-2012, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

Went to the dealer and ordered the actuator there for 32 bucks. They printed the install directions for me and it's basically just remove and plug in the new one. If it was the mushroom shaped sensor on the side the carrier would have to be removed

Quick Reply: front locker actuator help please