Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front/Rear Bumper Help

Old 02-05-2013, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black-x
I've looked at so many front and rear bumpers for months now. The one thing I don't like about Smittibilt is that none of their front bumpers accomodate factory fog lights. Plus, I've grown tired of all the matte powder coated crap out there. They all look the same and you have to scrub the heck out them to get them clean after mudding. So, I'm going with the Highrock stubby front bumper and the matching rear carrier above. They sure look sharp and you can't beat the price!
I just dont know if i like the Bestop front bumpers... thats why i want this one

2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rampage Front Bumper Photo 13
Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

For front, I went with OR-Fab full width. (Rampage Recovery was runner up). For rear, went with Rampage Recovery. Picked them up for less than $500 each.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NTX Jeep
For front, I went with OR-Fab full width. (Rampage Recovery was runner up). For rear, went with Rampage Recovery. Picked them up for less than $500 each.
I was going looking at the Rampage rear too but it's not a bearing type swing gate. But I am a huge fan of this bumper
Jeep | JK OEM FOG LIGHT | 83226
Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mcmahonbj

I was going looking at the Rampage rear too but it's not a bearing type swing gate. But I am a huge fan of this bumper
Jeep | JK OEM FOG LIGHT | 83226
That's the OR Fab bumper I ordered. Suppose to arrive shortly.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NTX Jeep
That's the OR Fab bumper I ordered. Suppose to arrive shortly.
Sent you a PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default First post, Rampage Stubby Recovery

Click image for larger version

Name:	JKURampageStubby.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	419613

Here is a pic of a Rampage Stubby that I just installed on my '13 JKU. I like it and only paid about $360 delivered.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I also plan on cutting the fenders or getting flat fenders would it look weird with the OR-FAB 83226 bumper?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my last JK I had the Rampage recovery front and the Expedition One rear with swingout integrated with tailgate. I was very pleased with both.(especially the Exp One) On my current JK I went Rugged Ridge front and rear mainly because of price. I am pleased overall with both RR bumpers, but was less than pleased with their swingout due to rattles. I have since removed the carrier, kept the bumper, and now use the Teraflex HD tire carrier. The Teraflex is really nice.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
On my last JK I had the Rampage recovery front and the Expedition One rear with swingout integrated with tailgate. I was very pleased with both.(especially the Exp One) On my current JK I went Rugged Ridge front and rear mainly because of price. I am pleased overall with both RR bumpers, but was less than pleased with their swingout due to rattles. I have since removed the carrier, kept the bumper, and now use the Teraflex HD tire carrier. The Teraflex is really nice.
Im stuck between OR-FAB bumpers and crossing fingers it looks good with cut or flat fenders and the Smittybilt XRC bumpers front and rear and know they will look good and I found a deal for XRC front and rear bumpers and rocksliders for 1499

Last edited by mcmahonbj; 02-09-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am about to pull the trigger on the Smitty XRC bumpers. What lights should I run on the front bumper, also any other suggestions with the SMITTYBILT bumper selections?

Quick Reply: Front/Rear Bumper Help