Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

FT 3" Ultimate -- Need help locating extra parts...

Old 08-17-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT 3" Ultimate -- Need help locating extra parts...

Hi everyone,

The lift kit is on the way and I'm considering what might be missing from the kit... In the future I'll upgrade the axles and drive shafts, but for now I'm thinking:

- Would longer brake line extensions be better than relocation brackets? And if so, where do I find them and what length do I need for a 3" lift? If I replace the brake lines, then I have to bleed and top-off the brake fluid, right? I've never done this, so is there a how-to somewhere I could use?

- Should I install limiting straps? I'd rather not use the shock to limit droop, and would prefer to keep the spring from popping out. :-) Where would I find limiting straps, how long should they be, and where/how would I connect them? Are there more 'winter resistant' materials I should look for?

- I think all 8 control arms have zerks, but not the track bars. Where can I buy some zerks for the trackbars? I think all that's needed is to drill & tap the trackbars - which I can do - but I don't know where to find the actual zerks...

- Do the breather hoses need to be lengthened for a 3" lift. Anyone know the size and type of hose needed for the diff breathers? I was planning on relocating the breathers anyway, with or without the lift.

Phew... I think that's it.

Thanks!
js.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Zerks can be found at most hardware or auto parts stores.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

FYI, I would suggest longer brake lines, I went with some from Quadratec, Crown industries, great price, installed them last night and yes you need to bleed and top off. Easy operation (of course my mechanic did it). Just takes you and a buddy, the bleeder valve is at the tiop of the calliper. The other adjustment we made last night was swapping the rear sway bar links, to an interior position, even with the aftermarket AEV rims, the axle at full drop slides into the tire. Now, no problems. I also upgraded the steering stabilizer since I was runniing 35"s.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by usgaone
FYI, I would suggest longer brake lines, I went with some from Quadratec, Crown industries, great price...
usgaone,

Do you mean these?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12706_62X_PG.htm

js.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by usgaone
FYI, I would suggest longer brake lines, I went with some from Quadratec, Crown industries, great price, installed them last night and yes you need to bleed and top off. Easy operation (of course my mechanic did it). Just takes you and a buddy, the bleeder valve is at the tiop of the calliper. The other adjustment we made last night was swapping the rear sway bar links, to an interior position, even with the aftermarket AEV rims, the axle at full drop slides into the tire. Now, no problems. I also upgraded the steering stabilizer since I was runniing 35"s.
check your sway bars, I did the same thing, then noticed it was cutting into the bumpstop block. SO i put them back to the outside

you shouldnt need limiting straps, as long as your shocks dont fall off
Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
yes those exactly, I went with just black versions, nothing fancy, they look great, nicely put together. My install shop originally was trying to get the "superlift" ones, but perpetual backorder, I showed him these and he liked them enough to cancel and order from quadratec.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
check your sway bars, I did the same thing, then noticed it was cutting into the bumpstop block. SO i put them back to the outside

you shouldnt need limiting straps, as long as your shocks dont fall off
hmm? The bumpstop block on the bottom or top? We reversed the botls so they were aimed differentyl, jacked the suspension back up and didn't notice anything hitting or binding. As for limiting shocks, NOPE! no need, I might add the 3/4 front leveling spacers, but only if I take off the back part of the freedom top, it's a nice stance as is! Love the TOYO's!

Quick Reply: FT 3" Ultimate -- Need help locating extra parts...