JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   For the Fuel Trophy and Anza owners (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/fuel-trophy-anza-owners-311632/)

GiggityGiggity 10-08-2014 09:53 AM

For the Fuel Trophy and Anza owners

Has anyone experienced any corrosion issues with the bolts and washers around the simulated bead lock? Does anyone run these wheels in the winter, any concerns with that?

I have had corrosion issues on my Anza's since day 1 after a rain fall. They are less than 2 mos old and getting worse. I'm currently talking to MHT/FUEL about possible resolutions, there seems to be a few options they have offered including changing out the wheels for the same or different ones. Before I make a decision on which way to go, I would appreciate any feedback on your personal experience.

:beer:

MOPWR2U 10-08-2014 10:34 AM

No problems with my Fuel Anza wheels

GiggityGiggity 10-08-2014 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U (Post 3993255)
No problems with my Fuel Anza wheels

Good know that plain old water isn't causing a problem for you as it is me. Any winter driving for you on them?

MOPWR2U 10-08-2014 10:38 AM

Not yet. I put them on in July.

GiggityGiggity 10-08-2014 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U (Post 3993261)
Not yet. I put them on in July.

Thanks.

Hopefully some more folks can chime in also in a little while.

bilash31 10-08-2014 11:18 AM

Subscribed. I was planning on ordering Anzas so I am interested in how this turns out and responses from other owners.

GiggityGiggity 10-08-2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by bilash31 (Post 3993293)
Subscribed. I was planning on ordering Anzas so I am interested in how this turns out and responses from other owners.

Just spoke with the local MHT rep, he tells me there was an initial design mistake with these wheels and that they used to use just plain old painted/coated steel nuts and washers but that this issue surfaced in the past and now they use all stainless nuts and washers. I bought these wheels in August of this year and had them delivered and installed at the end of the month. Not sure how I ended up with a batch of the old ones, must have been sitting around somewhere before they shipped them to me. Now that I know this we should both be fine.

I guess the only question left unanswered is how do they hold up to winter? The MHT rep said he does not recommend these for winter use, reason being that salt and water can get behind the nuts and washers and start corrosion. With stainless hardware, I find that a little hard to believe entirely so I am super interested in hearing if any of you guys are running these in the winter and your personal experience.

Thanks again all. Still leaning towards staying with the Anzas.