Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

For the Fuel Trophy and Anza owners

Old 10-08-2014, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the Fuel Trophy and Anza owners

Has anyone experienced any corrosion issues with the bolts and washers around the simulated bead lock? Does anyone run these wheels in the winter, any concerns with that?

I have had corrosion issues on my Anza's since day 1 after a rain fall. They are less than 2 mos old and getting worse. I'm currently talking to MHT/FUEL about possible resolutions, there seems to be a few options they have offered including changing out the wheels for the same or different ones. Before I make a decision on which way to go, I would appreciate any feedback on your personal experience.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problems with my Fuel Anza wheels
Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
No problems with my Fuel Anza wheels

Good know that plain old water isn't causing a problem for you as it is me. Any winter driving for you on them?
Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Not yet. I put them on in July.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Not yet. I put them on in July.
Thanks.

Hopefully some more folks can chime in also in a little while.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed. I was planning on ordering Anzas so I am interested in how this turns out and responses from other owners.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bilash31
Subscribed. I was planning on ordering Anzas so I am interested in how this turns out and responses from other owners.

Just spoke with the local MHT rep, he tells me there was an initial design mistake with these wheels and that they used to use just plain old painted/coated steel nuts and washers but that this issue surfaced in the past and now they use all stainless nuts and washers. I bought these wheels in August of this year and had them delivered and installed at the end of the month. Not sure how I ended up with a batch of the old ones, must have been sitting around somewhere before they shipped them to me. Now that I know this we should both be fine.

I guess the only question left unanswered is how do they hold up to winter? The MHT rep said he does not recommend these for winter use, reason being that salt and water can get behind the nuts and washers and start corrosion. With stainless hardware, I find that a little hard to believe entirely so I am super interested in hearing if any of you guys are running these in the winter and your personal experience.

Thanks again all. Still leaning towards staying with the Anzas.

Quick Reply: For the Fuel Trophy and Anza owners