Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Full Traction Bb Lift Problems

Old 10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Traction Bb Lift Problems

I Heard That The Rear Spring Has Fallen Off Because There Is Nothing To Hold It There ???? Let Me Know So I Can Swith To Tera Flex
Old 10-31-2006, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is news to me. Where did you hear this? I hope this isn't true, because I just ordered the Full Traction one last week!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502

first hand any help would be appreciated
Old 11-11-2006, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the full traction 2" BB on my Saraha Unlimited. Fast and EASY !! install. I only installed the front ..... this leveled out the rake that I hated.....
However , The ESP, Light on the dash is on , and another light is on , The manual says the computer "senses" a problem with the ESP system . I just wonder if I will have to take it to the dealer to reset the light , or will it go out when I get the front end aligned ? , and get the stearing wheel lined back straight ? Anyone else had this happen Yet ?
Thanks
Old 11-11-2006, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

IDiggs9,

A lot of the electronics reads off the steering wheel position. Your instructions with the kit tell you that. Even a small lift will change the steering wheel position. With the TJs inverted "Y" geometry the toe would change considerably, too. However with the new JK geometry, the toe isn't a problem.

You can easily adjust the draglink your self and correct the steering wheel position. All it takes is a 15mm wrench and very little time. It may take a few trys, but by the time you are done, it will be more comfortable for you than if a shop had done it. If I get time I'll post a how to, but I bet you can figure it out yourself.

Chuck
Old 11-13-2006, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chuck ,
I got the steering wheel adjusted back straight. Thanks for the tipp, I didnt even think about trying to adjust myself. It was quick and easy... However, the BAS light is still on. Will i have to take it to the dealer and get them to reset ? oh, the ESP light did go out....
Keith
Old 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chuck and everyone else that is going to install the 2" BB ,
Keep in mind that I am a Finish Carpenter by trade , not a mechanic ....... This kit is a piece of cake ! Just follow the instructions to the letter and it almost falls into place. TIP : the front bump stops : locate, drill and tap for the bolt that holds the bump stop, then replace the coil , then slip the bumpstop in the coil and bolt in place. Its still easy to get to and bolt in before you start bolting all the other parts back together. After its all said and done, realign the steering wheel back to zero. With the clues from Del4s (Chuck) , this is also a piece of cake. It just takes a few minutes and a couple of tries to get it adjusted just right. After this all the dash lights (ESP/BAS) and the ESP ON , indicator light go out. Even after this , I still had the dealer to check the front end alignment, It was still "Within Spec" .

Quick Reply: Full Traction Bb Lift Problems