Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

full traction econo lift -warning

Old 07-08-2007, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FT 2" Install

I just installed the FT 2" with the mono's.

I must say the lift is great but I did have the same issues as averyone else, I had to re-drill the front track bar re-location bracet and my front mono's came with the bar pin, my rear mono's bar pins were too narow and I too ground them down to make them fit.

I called FT and they were great they sent overnight the sleves for the front and the corect bar pins for the rear.

As for the ride, I think it is better than stock both on and off road.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

I would say better than the stock rubicon on the road.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

BlkRuby, did you install the lift yourself? I noticed in another post you are from west of Ann Arbor and I will be in Pinckney on Saturday to install mine. If you are bored you should stop buy. If your interested let me know and I will PM you some info.

Last edited by sunburnt; 07-08-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

I did do it myself, with a buddy, but i should be in Drummond Island as long as my front locker gets fixed in time. If i am in town i will shoot you a PM.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds good. I hope your locker gets fixed and you come back with a good trip report to share with us.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by red7
Can you guys comment on the on-road performance of the M-Force? I've heard they are a little stiffer than stock on road but perform great off. When I get my Ultimate FT lift I'm wanting shocks that perform better than stock on road and am deciding between the M-force, Bilstein and Old Man Emu. I don't think the OMEs are out yet but should be before I get my '08 JK.
I ran the monotubes before my M-force came it, it was a big difference.

the M-force is very smooth... the mono's were a rough ride.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Piginajeep,

can you please clarify that? I thought that the M-Force are Monotube Gas Shocks.

I really like my M-Force shocks.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GatorGreenJK
Piginajeep,

can you please clarify that? I thought that the M-Force are Monotube Gas Shocks.

I really like my M-Force shocks.
The M-Force are mono. The ride is much better compared to my OE X shocks. Smoother on and off-road
Old 07-09-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default What are the Correct Parts?

Originally Posted by GatorGreenJK
I just installed the FT 2" with the mono's.

I must say the lift is great but I did have the same issues as averyone else, I had to re-drill the front track bar re-location bracet and my front mono's came with the bar pin, my rear mono's bar pins were too narow and I too ground them down to make them fit.

I called FT and they were great they sent overnight the sleves for the front and the corect bar pins for the rear.

As for the ride, I think it is better than stock both on and off road.

I know this would be a bit of trouble to do, but...could you guys who have had to redrill or grind or were missing parts on your 2"FT BB kit w/mono's please describe how the parts "should" come from the factory? The reason I ask is because I just received my kit which consists of 4 boxes for the shocks and 1 box with the lift components. I would like to measure the holes in the track bar bracket to see if mine is correct and measure the bar pins, etc. Whatever isn't correct I will call FT and have them ship before I begin the install. The lift component box seems to have all parts accounted for as I counted what appears on the instructions with what is in the box and it seems to be correct. Now I want to know if what I have will fit. Thanks very much for the work if anyone is able to do measuring to help the rest of us out before our install.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Parts to drill and grind?

My advice is to call FT and get the shock sleeves to replace the front shock bar pins and get new bar pins for the rear shocks.

Reguarding the front tack bar relocation bracet, it was a tight fit and only the outermost (thin 3" long bolt) bolt was in need of drilling. It simply would not go straight through the other side so I helped it out with a drill. If I were you I would pull the track bar and test fit the bracket.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: full traction econo lift -warning