Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

full traction long arm ?

Old 02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default full traction long arm ?

hey everyone... i have been researching the full traction long arm suspension systems. i really like the fact that it is a bolt on system, as i cannot weld too well. my question is what is the difference between the kits for the 4" and 6" components? the reason i question this is when it comes time for inspection in nj i may want to swap in 4" coils to not have to deal with any issues. are there adjustability length differences in the control arms for the different kits? any info would be great. thanks in advance.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

the only difference is the coil height and if i recall correctly, the shock lenghts.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Shocks and coils are the only difference. I would guess the control arm lengths are very close to each other. What size tires do you plan on running?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

yea i figured the shock lengths would be different also... i have to check with the local laws to see what the max lift i can run is... i would like to run 38's with room to flex... i think the most lift i can run is 9" here in nj... that is total lift height ( suspension, body, and tires) i would be close if the actual tire diameters were true, but most manufacturers are a bit shorter... i think nj also says i can only go so many inches in diameter over stock... the axles would also be upgraded as well... i definitely know the 30 up front will not hold!!! so it all comes down to what the laws are here... thanks for the info!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

yeah, you might need the 6" lift to fit 38's.

But I'm guessing a 4" would fit them, just bump stop it.

Quick Reply: full traction long arm ?