Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Fuses to defeat tcs, stibility control...

Old 01-03-2014, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuses to defeat tcs, stibility control...

Have a 2012 rubicon and the thing is really dangerous driving in deep snow. I get a little sidewAys boom it kicks In cuts power and brakes . This is really not ok at highway speeds. I know u cAn cut that wire and put a switch on it or buy a tuner but there's got to be a fuse

Sent from my Obama phone using JK-Forum
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stability

After playing in some 3-5" snow last night, yes I'd like a defeat button, I'll most likely take the push button off switch route.

however, when driving to work today, I'm fairly sure I liked the stability system... made a lane change without seeing some packed snow and it got the jeep quickly under control and didn't spin out...

I'm not sure what fuse would be needed, but seems like more of a PITA than adding a cut off switch, although there is less traceability w/the fuse route.

Anyone know the wiring connector going to the sensor? Just get the male + female of it, add a switch, and sell it as a kit... I'm sure people would pay $29.95 free shipping to have the ability to kill the system, without hacking up any factory wiring... of course the legal liability may be a deterrent...

but if someone can get me the part numbers, I'd build my own...

that way I can just unplug and plug, plug, and it's done .
Old 01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
After playing in some 3-5" snow last night, yes I'd like a defeat button, I'll most likely take the push button off switch route. however, when driving to work today, I'm fairly sure I liked the stability system... made a lane change without seeing some packed snow and it got the jeep quickly under control and didn't spin out... I'm not sure what fuse would be needed, but seems like more of a PITA than adding a cut off switch, although there is less traceability w/the fuse route. Anyone know the wiring connector going to the sensor? Just get the male + female of it, add a switch, and sell it as a kit... I'm sure people would pay $29.95 free shipping to have the ability to kill the system, without hacking up any factory wiring... of course the legal liability may be a deterrent... but if someone can get me the part numbers, I'd build my own... that way I can just unplug and plug, plug, and it's done .
I'm just Used to beiing able to fully defeat it it was so nice in my 08 to do the steering wheel dance and shut it totally off. I would totally love to make a plug and play switch kit. With no cutting the factory wire. I'm sure people would pay more then 30 bucks for it

Old 01-04-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wonder if u just pull out the abs fuse because then it won't break..

Old 01-04-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a bad rear speed sensor all last winter so ABS, Traction Control and stability control were all disabled.

I replaced the sensor this summer and yeah.. it sucks having all these turned on.. I'm thinking about disconnecting one of the sensors and seeing how it feels. I'm not sure if disconnecting is going to give me the same results as the broken sensor.. I'm hoping..

If it wasn't -33 I'd go out and do it right now but screw that its warm in here.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

i messed with some fuses and no bingo...
Old 01-08-2014, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there is no fuse....do the kill switch mod and be done with that crap...mines an 08' so i did the steering wheel dance 6 yrs ago and will never turn it back on
Old 01-22-2014, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
there is no fuse....do the kill switch mod and be done with that crap...mines an 08' so i did the steering wheel dance 6 yrs ago and will never turn it back on
does that work on the newer wranglers? i have a 2014 and would love to ditch it especially in the snow.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
Do tell how that was done

Quick Reply: Fuses to defeat tcs, stibility control...