Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Garvin Trail Rack + OR-Fab Carrier?

Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garvin Trail Rack + OR-Fab Carrier?

I was looking for a rear rack solution I could use in conjunction with the OR-Fab carrier. I came across the Garvin Trail Rack --> http://www.quadratec.com/products/12042_6101_07.htm

It's just strictly bolt-on, small enough to not get in the way, and will hold 75 lbs of gear. Only problem I see could be height. Maybe that could be modded though?

Anyone ever attempted to run these two together or have any experience with the Garvin Trail Rack?

Thanks.

Also, I saw two different versions of the rack...the one above, and then this one --> http://www.quadratec.com/products/12044_302_07.htm

Old 03-23-2011, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OR-Fab carrier moves the spare up 5 inches, so if you're running a large tire I can see that being a nightmare without being able to see and measure it. Also, I think you would have to get the jerry can version of the OR-Fab carrier as there might not be enough clearance behind it to fit that rack in.

I think the second link you gave might work, hard to tell though.

Last edited by aermotor; 03-23-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy did it work?

Originally Posted by D1EHARD
I was looking for a rear rack solution I could use in conjunction with the OR-Fab carrier. I came across the Garvin Trail Rack --> Garvin Industries 66703 - Garvin Industries Trail Rack for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with Garvin G2 Swing Away - Quadratec

It's just strictly bolt-on, small enough to not get in the way, and will hold 75 lbs of gear. Only problem I see could be height. Maybe that could be modded though?

Anyone ever attempted to run these two together or have any experience with the Garvin Trail Rack?

Thanks.

Also, I saw two different versions of the rack...the one above, and then this one --> Garvin Industries 44000 - Garvin Industries Trail Rack for 07-16 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

I was thinking for a while now for the exact set-up. Did it work for you? If yes, what did you do exactly!

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Garvin Trail Rack + OR-Fab Carrier?