Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Lines on a 6-Door

Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gas Lines on a 6-Door

Hey All!

I'm pretty new to Jeeps, but I've always loved them and I decided to jump in last year with both feet so to speak. I'm building a lifted 6-Door out of 2 JKU's (a 2008 and a 2007), and it now looks pretty great, but I've still got some things to do for it to run and drive. --If you're wondering why a 6-door is necessary... it's a search and rescue vehicle and will have a K9 Kennel with tons of gear storage (believe it or not, it was the only way). Build page on instagram: @6doorwrangler (in case pictures help).

Current Question:
Anyone know how to extend plastic gas lines? If they were normal hoses, that would be easy. They are clip-together plastic lines. I might have to run all new lines with normal type gas hoses if I can't figure this out. I'd really appreciate the input. Someone on here has to have done something similar, even if it's just to go around their mods. I have two complete gas tanks and two sets of lines as resources. I wonder if I could reinforce the plastic lines, and connect them with a bigger rubber hose and clamps over the top.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2018, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You can buy fittings and simply run a new line from the pump to the fuel rail.
The following users liked this post:
Bracken M (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the idea.
What kind of fittings and where can I buy them? There's 2 or 3 lines coming off the tank too, I think some are EVAP.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I bought mine at summit racing and there is 1 line to the fuel rail and 1 line to the engine for emissions. The emissions line you can simply cut and add with a barb fitting and rubber hose as just air goes thru it. Look up Russell 640860 for the fuel pump. You might also search for fuel cell threads that have a list of fittings.
The following users liked this post:
Bracken M (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 10:01 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I'll look into it!
Old 02-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

When you're not on search and rescue missions with that 6 door, let me know if you ever consider providing off-road limo rental services.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Believe it or not, I've been asked already, including proms (on road) and I still haven't connected the gas so it doesn't even run yet. haha.

Quick Reply: Gas Lines on a 6-Door