Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gas Mileage - highway - avg 21mpg!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Mileage - highway - avg 21mpg!

Dont know if it is because of the gear I put into the machine, but recently put in a volant CAI, Borla cat back dual exhaust and a TBS. I am getting 21mpg on the highway with the softtop - Rubicon '08 Unlimited with 6 speed.

What is the best MPG you have heard of for highway ? (around town doesnt count for me, because I love to slam the gas and make believe i am in a sports car!)
Old 06-05-2008, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Default squeezing blood from a stone

Is it worth looking into an electric fan system instead of the pulley system off of the engine? What else can be offloaded from the gasoline provided power?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ursharak
Is it worth looking into an electric fan system instead of the pulley system off of the engine? What else can be offloaded from the gasoline provided power?
Whose hood are you lookin under? The JK already has an electric fan.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Default oooops - Dont look here folks .... nothing going on

I am NEWBish hear me ROAR

ok .. so what other ideas that are plausible to eek out some more gas mileage? The dealer said doing a chip or headers will risk negating the factory warranty on the engine
Old 06-05-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

::
Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Whose hood are you lookin under? The JK already has an electric fan.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok .. so what other ideas that are plausible to eek out some more gas mileage? The dealer said doing a chip or headers will risk negating the factory warranty on the engine

Your pretty close to the top end of fuel mileage bud.

I have eeked out 22.5 when new, running stock.

Honestly, the JK ALREADY HAS HEADERS...so putting them on would be meaningless.

Cold air intake, gearing back down to 3:21, cat back (though I have heard plenty that this did nothing to fuel mileage.) thats about it.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Best here is 11.5 city and 15 highway..... and I dont care and I am Happy with it...
Old 06-05-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

that's all i have to say...
Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Junkie

On the hwy I've been getting 21-22 mpg lately with the doors off and soft top up (windows out). I get slightly less with the doors on and top up (windows in), and it drops to around 18 with the top down with or without doors. The JK is a box anyway, so removing doors I believe has no negative affect because it reduces the weight by quite a bit. Also keep in mind I've been driving like a Grandma lately with slow acceleration and setting cruise at the speed limit, but it has made a big difference, i gained per tank anywhere from 1.5-2 mpg.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 18 City - 22 Highway

I'm getting 18 in the city and 22 on the highway. I have 35inch tires and a 5 inch lift. I have Banks Headers, Trueflow XDI Intake, Flowmaster Exhaust, and the Hypertec Max Energy Programer.

I just programed with the Max Energy last week and noticed by city mileage go from 13 to 18 miles per gallon (hasn't changed after driving it a week). I used the Premium fuel setting for power, so I can't imagine how much better it would be if I used the Economy (regular fuel) setting.

The Hypertec gave me about 80 extra miles per tank. Worth every penny!

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage - highway - avg 21mpg!