Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gears and humm noise

Old 07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gears and humm noise

I spoke with my mechanic yesterday he was tellin me i shouldnt pt the gears in its going to give a weird humm noise and its just going in the long run fuk it up what do you guys think about this and also said it would be about 9 hours of work.

Let me know what you guys think
Old 07-02-2008, 09:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got alot of dirt track racing buddies... motor swaps, gear swaps ect...

get a second opinion.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF his installs result in a Humm sound I would not use him!!! I have 5.13's in mine, installed by the dealership and NO Humm whatsoever. Best mod to my JK so far.

Gears are a precise install and I would not trust just any mechanic to do it. Check with your local 4x4 shops and find out who the pros are in your area. I had to wait 2 weeks to get mine into the dealership because the "gear guy" was booked up.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My 1965 Plymouth Valiant drag car had 4:30 gears and didn't hum. My 1962 Dodge M37 military truck had 5:83 gears and didn't hum. Vehicles have been coming with gears since the extinction of chain drive and they don't hum. The guy's an idiot. Find someone who knows what they're doin.

Quick Reply: Gears and humm noise