Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

getting more lift out of the teraflex 1.5" performance leveling kit

Old 03-05-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting more lift out of the teraflex 1.5" performance leveling kit

I emailed teraflex about getting more lift out of my 1.5" performance leveling kit for the use of 35" tires. I currently have 33" tires on 17" wheels with 4.5" of backspacing. If you aren't familiar with the kit is is 4 slightly longer coils and extended front sway bar links. This is the reply I received, does it seem correct to y'all guys? Will i need anything else, and how much lift am i looking at netting?

Thanks

Hey Garrett,
Thanks for the email, and we are especially happy that you are enjoying our product. I put together a list of parts for you that will work out great. Now to keep your ride ability and increase your performance i would do exactly this.

Front 1 inch coil spacers X2 22.99 each
Rear 1 inch coil spacer X2 43.99 each
Front upper bump stops 44.99 a pair
Rear lower bump stops 40.99 a pair
2.5" Teraflex shocks 223.99 for all 4

So for a total of 443.93 you would be ready to rock for 35" tires and still keep a great ride

Now the front sway bar connects you got in the performance kit will actually go on the rear of your jeep and the rear connects will go on the front, so you wont have to spend any money on those things. Overall that will be a great set up for you. Please feel free to ask me anymore questions. Thanks again for running our product...

A.J. Swenson @ Teraflex
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're probably really close to being good right now. Any fender rubbing would probably be from the wider tire hitting the outside part of the fender where it is the lowest. That's why people chop them/get flat ones. Many people have run 35s with no rubbing after chopping their flares with no lift at all. So I would test it out with whatever tires you had in mind and then adjust the lift. Fyi, you can get Daystar 3/4 inch pucks for about $30.

Not trying to short TF, I love their products. Just don't see why you should spend the money if you don't need to.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

Any other input? I really want to maintain some offroad capability and comfortable drivability on the road. I don't know if I could accomplish this with simply adding pucks and 35s.. I'm imagining zero flex and rough ride quality. Experience anyone? Newb alert sorry
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about flat fenders?

Sent via smoke signal
Old 03-06-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

I'm getting ready to install my 2" coil lift this weekend and am told that I could get some rubbing at full flex, especially if my swaybar is disconnected. For just running around town or light wheeling, you may be OK.

Things you may consider (same things I'll be doing):
- trim pinch seem
- trim or remove front air dam
- install bump stops

The bump stops are your safety net in case you flex enough to contact your fenders. The bump stops should keep you from ripping them off, at least that's what I'm hoping. I am installing lower ones in the front and back.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:05 AM
JK Junkie

I would suggest running spacers to gain that extra inch instead of going all new coils.

I have TF 2.5" coil spacers and i could easily fit 35"s under there with my wheel spacers.

You prob only need minimum of 3/4" though, but any size will help fit better.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the help guys.. I will be ordering the parts tomorrow, I'll get some pics up when I can

Quick Reply: getting more lift out of the teraflex 1.5" performance leveling kit