Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Getting rid of the frot rake

Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting rid of the frot rake

I'm about to purchase a steel bumper (stubby most likely) and a winch in the next week or so for my 2 door sport. I have a 2.5 inch bb on it right now. I know the front is gonna be weighed down with the bumper and winch. So how could I just get it back level? Would just putting 4 door rubicon coil springs in the front work? Thanks for any help
Old 08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What bb do you have .I go with 2.5 coils up front. Ruby springs will sag to
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

I have the rough country spacer lift
Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by gunbo75
What bb do you have .I go with 2.5 coils up front. Ruby springs will sag to
x2 on getting the 2.5" coils. Other then that adding a 3/4" - 1" spacer should bring back what you lost. The only thing though is that I am not sure it's compatible with your RC spacers(metal). I know it works for other rubbing spacers where they are just stacked onto each other. Hopefully some RC owners will chime in to confirm this...
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So when you put 2 adults, recovery gear, and a weekend's worth of stuff in the stock Jeep, does it still have a rake or is it now level? Or worse yet, has it become a tail-dragger? Something to consider when looking at the empty Jeep in your driveway.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Freewill
So when you put 2 adults, recovery gear, and a weekend's worth of stuff in the stock Jeep, does it still have a rake or is it now level? Or worse yet, has it become a tail-dragger? Something to consider when looking at the empty Jeep in your driveway.
Yes, when you have gear loaded as well as have rear passengers....However, the OP will be installing a heavy aftermarket front bumper. This will further exaggerate the factory rake....

Quick Reply: Getting rid of the frot rake