Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gobi Rack Cargo Area Dimensions (for JKU)

Old 06-16-2013, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gobi Rack Cargo Area Dimensions (for JKU)

Does anybody know the cargo area inside dimensions for the Gobi JKU rack?

I have one on order and need to get a few heavy duty cases to store my camping gear in. I want to make sure what ever cases I get they will fit well inside the cargo carrying area of the Gobi.

On a related note, any suggestions on heavy duty storage/shipping cases? I am looking for something that can be snugged down pretty tight with a ratchet strap and not collapse on itself.

Nick
Old 06-17-2013, 02:59 AM
JK Super Freak

The back section is 40.25l x 49.75w.

The front insert section is 35.00l x 49.75w but really only 46.75 of the width would be useable if you have a hard case because there are 4 quick release nuts that hold the insert in place that stick up.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:09 AM
JK Newbie

Awesome. Thank you
Old 06-17-2013, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickdz
Does anybody know the cargo area inside dimensions for the Gobi JKU rack?

I have one on order and need to get a few heavy duty cases to store my camping gear in. I want to make sure what ever cases I get they will fit well inside the cargo carrying area of the Gobi.

On a related note, any suggestions on heavy duty storage/shipping cases? I am looking for something that can be snugged down pretty tight with a ratchet strap and not collapse on itself.

Nick
I would go with Pelican cases - they are amazing.

Quick Reply: Gobi Rack Cargo Area Dimensions (for JKU)