Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Going from 2.5 BB to a 3.5" coil

Old 04-07-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on going from a 2.5" bb to a 3.5" coil lift on my 2009 JKU...what else will I need to extend. I have extended brake lines already. Will I need to extend front drive shaft? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gina's JK
I am planning on going from a 2.5" bb to a 3.5" coil lift on my 2009 JKU...what else will I need to extend. I have extended brake lines already. Will I need to extend front drive shaft? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
You will not have to right away, but I would put driveshafts on the list to replace soon. Being a 2009 there is no telling how long your shafts will last.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gina's JK
I drove around with my stock drive shaft for a few months and didn't have any issues. Depends on how often you wheel it too. I go off road a few times a month. I upgraded and bought a krawl off road drive shaft and it's been great so far.
You might want to think about adj control arms too if your going to 3.5" lift
Old 04-07-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok thanks yeah I have 105,000 on it.. Mainly just daily driver.. With an occasional off road..

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 04-07-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12JKjeep
I drove around with my stock drive shaft for a few months and didn't have any issues. Depends on how often you wheel it too. I go off road a few times a month. I upgraded and bought a krawl off road drive shaft and it's been great so far. You might want to think about adj control arms too if your going to 3.5" lift
I have adjustable front lower control arms my next plan is upper rears..

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Going from 2.5 BB to a 3.5" coil