Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Going from 35" to 37" (Questions)

Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going from 35" to 37" (Questions)

I'm debating on going from 35" tires to 37's when mine wear out and was wondering if someone can answer a question. I currently have 35" Toyo's (really heavy) on a stock Dana 30 and was wondering if it would be a huge deal to jump to 37"s if I go with a lighter tire; one similar in weight to the Toyo's I already have. I'm aware that the weight of a tire can play a large role in 37" tires wrecking a Dana 30 but wasn't sure if any other variables come into play. I'm aware I'll definitly have to gusset the C's and possibly sleeve the axle, but is there anything else of major concern?
I should add that I do mainly light trial riding.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gimp_dkd
I'm debating on going from 35" tires to 37's when mine wear out and was wondering if someone can answer a question. I currently have 35" Toyo's (really heavy) on a stock Dana 30 and was wondering if it would be a huge deal to jump to 37"s if I go with a lighter tire; one similar in weight to the Toyo's I already have. I'm aware that the weight of a tire can play a large role in 37" tires wrecking a Dana 30 but wasn't sure if any other variables come into play. I'm aware I'll definitly have to gusset the C's and possibly sleeve the axle, but is there anything else of major concern?
I should add that I do mainly light trial riding.
Thanks in advance.
Just do it! I went from 35" Toyos to 37" Toyos. No problems so far. I will be upgrading internals and gusseting C's very soon.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went from 35's to 37's, but at the same time I went with a slightly lighter wheel, so the outcome was only a 2.5 lb. difference between the two...
The wheels I went to are the Mickey Thompson II's , which are lighter than the ones I was running with my 35's...
Old 05-05-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks alot guys!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post up some pics when you get them on there....thinking of going to a 38". I do have the Rubi front, but would still like to see it.

And it's nice to see people running these on a 30 and they are holding up. Gives me that warm and fuzzy about the 44 front.

Quick Reply: Going from 35" to 37" (Questions)