Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gorilla Black Lug Nuts?

Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put my black rims on and full size spare. I'm interested in some locking lug nuts and have used gorilla lug nuts before and have no worries with them. I seen on Quadratec they have a set of black Chrome gorilla lug nuts for $42 the set comes with 23 lug nuts including 5 locking lugs and a key. Other wise I would have to pick up 5 locking lugs for $20 including the key. Just wondering if anyone has gorilla black lugs or what your opinions might be. I know I want locking lug nuts at a minimum for my spare.

Last edited by OFCRyan; 03-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OFCRyan
I just put my black rims on and full size spare. I'm interested in some locking lug nuts and have used gorilla lug nuts before and have no worries with them. I seen on Quadratec they have a set of black Chrome gorilla lug nuts for $42 the set comes with 23 lug nuts including 5 locking lugs and a key. Other wise I would have to pick up 5 locking lugs for $20 including the key. Just wondering if anyone has gorilla black lugs or what your opinions might be. I know I want locking lug nuts at a minimum for my spare.
I have them on my Jeep, my only problem I have with them is over time the impact beating on them is the paint or coating they use starts to come off leaving little rust marks on the edges of the splines.
It's Just experience.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are they painted or do they look like black Chrome? I can't tell from the pics I've seen. I'm glad someone is running them though. I know how pissed I would he if I didn't but them and came out to find my spare gone
Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that set from quadratec on my jeep for about 3 months now. They are more like black chrome, definitely not painted. Like the poster above mentioned, I have had my wheels on and off a lot in the last three months building my rig and the finish is starting to wear on the high spots where the socket contacts them. Overall I am satisfied with them though and would buy them again.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

There definitely not painted. I bought them along with black Pro-Comp center caps to take some of the "bling" off my 8179's...

Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by edstroyer
There definitely not painted. I bought them along with black Pro-Comp center caps to take some of the "bling" off my 8179's...
they look nice, i think i'll be getting these when it comes time for new wheels.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Exactly what I was looking for. A bit disappointed that they aren't painted, but the still sound good. When I switch out the wheels / paint my stock ones I will be ordering a set.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

mine rusted up and looked like dog mess after 6 months.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

I have some black Gorilla's. They were powdercoated, I think. Impacts and winter road salt took their toll on them so just this weekend I cleaned them up and sprayed them. They look good again, for now. I bought mine through Bryan (Bustabizz on the forum) at 4WD. He got me a little better deal on 40 nuts and 2 keys.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got them on mine. Went on last fall with the new wheels and tires. I've been happy so far. I don't use any air tools on them. If they start to fail in the looks department I may just get them powder coated.

Quick Reply: Gorilla Black Lug Nuts?