Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grease lower ball joint

Old 08-16-2017, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grease lower ball joint

Can someone show me the fitting/attachment they use to get grease in the lower Synergy ball joint? Also if you have any tricks to get it to go in. I can't seem to get any in there.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I’ve gotten to the point I use a grease needle instead….even on regular zerks. I have to use one of those on my lower Dynatrac zerk, and instead of changing it out all the time I just leave it. It actually works well …..just pushes the bearing out of the way and gets the grease in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-16-2017, 04:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
Can someone show me the fitting/attachment they use to get grease in the lower Synergy ball joint? Also if you have any tricks to get it to go in. I can't seem to get any in there.
I turned down the diameter of the zerk fitting just a tad. It works fine.Click image for larger version

Name:	Grease Gun Fitting.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	674154

Last edited by ronjenx; 08-16-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Trimming down the nozzle is a good idea. I don't have the issue with my Synergy's but my Alloys in the TJ have a funky fitting (that flush style)....so I shaved down a standard zerk to where I can grease it and then replace the flush fitting.
Old 08-17-2017, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Trimming down the nozzle is a good idea. I don't have the issue with my Synergy's but my Alloys in the TJ have a funky fitting (that flush style)....so I shaved down a standard zerk to where I can grease it and then replace the flush fitting.
Presume this is the funky flush style that you're referencing?

That's what I have on my lowers....and what I use the needle for. I always seem to make a mess with the standard grease gun fitting, and found I was a lot cleaner with that needle fitting as it allows me to keep a good visual on the zerk itself. Also, too lazy to keep changing grease gun fittings back and forth.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Presume this is the funky flush style that you're referencing?

That's what I have on my lowers....and what I use the needle for. I always seem to make a mess with the standard grease gun fitting, and found I was a lot cleaner with that needle fitting as it allows me to keep a good visual on the zerk itself. Also, too lazy to keep changing grease gun fittings back and forth.
Your flush fitting is more for this type of grease gun fitting:
Click image for larger version

Name:	FlushFitting.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	674161
I see you are having good luck with the needle fitting, but there is a good chance the needle will damage the ball and spring.

Quick Reply: Grease lower ball joint