Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gunmetal rims

Old 07-16-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gunmetal rims

I've searched high and low but am finding it next to impossible to find some dark grey (gunmetal) rims in a 15 or 16" rim. Also they need to have sufficient backspacing to get a 35/12.50 tire on a lifted JK without the use of spacers.
Also don't want to spend a fortune on them....I like the AEV but a little pricey.

Or another possible solution may be to buy a rim like the soft 8's and have them powdercoated that grey colour??? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Old 07-16-2007, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking about the powdercoated rims myself. I like the look of the AEV rims but, too, couldn't justify the price. I didn't want bling, but too much black seemed like a bad idea, too. I didn't end up pricing steelies w/ powder coat because I settled on 8179's from ProComp. Let us know if you do it and how it went. I think it's a fantastic idea.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are some american racing teflons that are a dark gray, still they are upwards of 150 a wheel.

Quick Reply: Gunmetal rims