Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hankook Tires??? Yes??? No???

Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hankook Tires??? Yes??? No???

So in getting my TF lift I'm already looking at tires and came across the Hankook brand and for the price they don't seem like a bad deal, but I haven't seen any reviews for them on the search. If I go with the Hankook's I'd be looking at the 315/70-17 Hankook ATM RF10 Tires, which is the All Terrain vs. the 315/70-17 Hankook DynaPro MT RT03 Tires mud terrain. This is my daily so I need a tire that's going to see a lot of road for sure. Any help here would be awesome!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

I have Hankook studded tires and love them. I was cationed by the tire shop on Hankooks of any kind in that occasionally they will get one "not round".

Take a look at the Kumho Adventurers. Very aggressive tread but very quiet too. Great price!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had my Hankook MT's for about 10K-15K miles now, and I would definitely recommend them!! True, they're not the most agressive MT out there...but they've gotten me in and out of every situation and I haven't had any issues with sidewall punctures or tread blocks separating or anything like that.

My advice would be to go ahead and get the MT's...they ride great on the road, not too loud, and seem to wear very well...and

here's mine:

some others' opinions about the Hankooks....

Originally Posted by TORN
I have hankook dynapro mt's and like them. They wear long and are reasonably priced.
Originally Posted by Beta-pg
I've got them on my JK and my wife's chevy (9" lift). I lik'em so much, i'm gonna get a set of 'em in 35's for my JK.

They are great in the mud! they clean like crazy. you'll love them!
Originally Posted by armycop
I've had mine for almost a year now, and they are still going strong with minimal wear. They clean well in the mud, grip well on rock, and are relatively quiet on the street. Back when I got mine I got the 315/75R16 for $161 a tire. They have marked them up a little bit, they run about $180 a tire now. Still a great buy!

Originally Posted by crajos11
Hankooks are great tire, my freinds will only buy them for his tj and he is on his 3rd set
Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Freak

The MT's are what I have for winter...but studded. They are close to 34's on stock Rubi rims with 1 inch spacers.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by briaros6
So in getting my TF lift I'm already looking at tires and came across the Hankook brand and for the price they don't seem like a bad deal, but I haven't seen any reviews for them on the search. If I go with the Hankook's I'd be looking at the 315/70-17 Hankook ATM RF10 Tires, which is the All Terrain vs. the 315/70-17 Hankook DynaPro MT RT03 Tires mud terrain. This is my daily so I need a tire that's going to see a lot of road for sure. Any help here would be awesome!
There are plenty of reviews to be read online. Here is a link to a review page on Discount.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...il.do&pc=10806

All of them are excellent on that tire. It's their new A/T. I am considering those myself.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

I've been pleased with mine. Have about 10K on them and they've worn very well. Like the sidewall on these too. Got me through everything and then some. They do clean themselves very well in mud too compared to some other M/T's. I say go for it! The price is right too
Old 05-29-2009, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ran the MT's on my TJ Unlimited (which was a daily driver). They are very liveable on road. Not loud at all and they work fine in the rain. Just rotate them often. I found that if I let them go for a while without rotating them, they got a bit noisy for a few hundred miles after I finally did rotate them. I guess the lugs needed time to wear into the change in direction after rotating.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

So a lot of you like the M/T's over the A/T's. The reviews on the Discount tire site really only talk about road driving with the a/t's which doesn't really help me in the situation I'm in. Which leads to the next question, how often are you rotating your tires, every oil change, sooner, longer???
Old 05-29-2009, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

I run them studded in the winter. They are heavy. They also run big. My 37 BFGs are a little smaller than the 37 Hankook. Here are a few pics for ya. Three balanced out just fine, one took a ton of weight.

Last edited by kntr; 05-29-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Newbie

I never liked them on my jeeps,cause I couldn't keep em balanced. We used to use them on our 3/4 ton and 1 ton ranch trucks,it got to where we were placing bets on how many miles we would get before they started throwing off tread. We went through a butt load of em. they were the cheapest tire that we could get that still had a decent ply rating. Never had a prob with em coming apart on the Jeeps,just the balance.

Quick Reply: Hankook Tires??? Yes??? No???