Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard top damaged; need replacement rear window

Old 09-07-2017, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top damaged; need replacement rear window

So I'm officially an idiot. I took my hard top off earlier this summer and set it in the back of a cargo trailer that I have. We had a day of crazy winds last month and the wind actually picked it up and tossed it about 50 feet. The only thing that kept it from going further was our fence. The hardtop itself is okay, but the rear window is in a million pieces, the struts and windshield wiper are busted.

Does anyone know of an easy replacement window? I don't need the wiper or defroster. Never used them. Was thinking about getting a trektop, but the reviews aren't that great. I'm still thinking of going hard top in the winter/no top in the summer.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go: https://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_8005_07.htm
Old 09-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

EBay, DaveysJeeps, LKQ- there are numerous places to buy them, it just comes down to the price you'd like to pay.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it's just the back glass needed, why not make a pattern, and have a piece of plastic, lucite, cut for itt. You have the hinges; struts available at auto parts stores.
Sliding glass replacement side windows ( retrofit kit) available soon from RetroFit OffRoad, makes hardtop even better.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
Since it's just the back glass needed, why not make a pattern, and have a piece of plastic, lucite, cut for itt. You have the hinges; struts available at auto parts stores.
Sliding glass replacement side windows ( retrofit kit) available soon from RetroFit OffRoad, makes hardtop even better.
Like the idea of the slider side windows. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2017, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

The challenge with that is that the factory liftgate glass (and the surface it closes/seals against) is curved in both directions. A flat piece of plastic (or glass) won't seal. In order to seal it will need to be curved the same way the factory glass is.

Originally Posted by mountainbikeguy
Like the idea of the slider side windows. Thanks!
It looks like the mountainbikeguy has a JKU - the JKU slider window kit has been on the market for several months:

Jeep Factory Hardtop Slider Window Kit | Retrofit Offroad

The company will have the 2dr version on the market within a few weeks, they're just waiting on the window manufacturer to finish the production run on the 2dr sliders.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll probably eventually find a good ( cheap) buy on the liftgate glass, but until then, how about clear vinyl window secured with Velcro ? You can roll it up, or remove completely, that should take care of the curve and sealing issues.
Check out the "Modular Hardtop" threads, see what appeals to you

Quick Reply: Hard top damaged; need replacement rear window