Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone installed the JKS sector shaft brace kit. And what are your thoughts

Old 05-24-2012, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed the JKS sector shaft brace kit. And what are your thoughts

Was basically just wondering is it needed or basically just a precaution when running larger tires .
Old 05-26-2012, 07:00 AM
JK Newbie

Default JKS Track Bar Sector Shaft Brace

I won a JKS track bar bracket and sector reinforcing kit at the 2012 EJS raffle. I'm running 37's and this upgrade was on my list of mods needed. The kit is very well made and thought out in my opinion. The install is straight forward with well written instuctions. I feel the kit is a wise upgrade when running 37's or larger. And THANKS JKS for supporting the Red Rock 4-Wheelers by donating to the EJS event!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:15 AM
JK Junkie

Don't have a JKS sector shaft brace, but we installed the EVO version (and they seem very similar) on my son's JK - he runs 37's. His steering has felt "weird" ever since Moab, and we found out a few days ago that his steering box is cracked. The only thing keeping the steering box from failing completely was the sector shaft brace. Very well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input running 35's right now but have plans to go bigger. Planning on getting it done to hopefully be picked and able to run the jk experience, either way still gonna have a blast wheeling .
Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

I run it and it's worth the money, tightened up the steering and gives me extra confidence with larger tires. It's pricey for the whole kit but well designed and does what it's supposed to do flawlessly.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed the JKS sector shaft brace kit. And what are your thoughts