Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you changed your front upper control arms?

Old 01-23-2013, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Have you changed your front upper control arms?

I'm looking for some info from anyone who has experience with changing out front upper control arms on a 07-11 JK. I got some currie adjustables, installed the driver side, then when I went to do the passenger side, the damn exhaust sits dead center where the frame bolt for the control arm needs to be pulled out... Do I need to unbolt that section of exhaust where it meets header? I tried prying exhaust out of the way, but could only move it so far and not enough... thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by k0260
I'm looking for some info from anyone who has experience with changing out front upper control arms on a 07-11 JK. I got some currie adjustables, installed the driver side, then when I went to do the passenger side, the damn exhaust sits dead center where the frame bolt for the control arm needs to be pulled out... Do I need to unbolt that section of exhaust where it meets header? I tried prying exhaust out of the way, but could only move it so far and not enough... thanks
I've heard of some guys cutting the bolt and getting a new one
Old 01-23-2013, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Atch
I've heard of some guys cutting the bolt and getting a new one
yeah I have a new grade 8 bolt to replace it with, but I'm worried getting the bolt in will be just as big a problem as removing
Old 01-23-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

After you cut out the old bolt. You can then insert the new one from the other direction. Good Luck!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by David M
After you cut out the old bolt. You can then insert the new one from the other direction. Good Luck!
ah ha! see now that's thinkin! cool thanks, I didn't even think of that. Thanks man!!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor

We were able to sneak the bolt out by just prying on the exhaust a little bit and then sneak it back it doing the same.

Cutting it and putting it back in the opposite way is another option as someone above mentioned.

Quick Reply: Have you changed your front upper control arms?