Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headlight Washer Set Up?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight Washer Set Up?

K. This time, I did a search on the forum before posting and found nothing. Has anyone installed a headlight washer system? If so, what brand, components did you use? If no one, I am going to piece one together. I already looked at the parts I need. I am also thinking of running it on its own switch and pump as opposed to tapping it into the existing pump or switch. This way, I can clean the lights independently from the windshield.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you going to install a small wiper arm as well or just a little pump to spritz the lenses? It seems like you'd be setting yourself up with quite the project with a wiper. Any plans to heat the fluid going to the headlights? My guess is this is all arising from snow/ slush/ ice issues??

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ditch the wiper idea and throw on some rain-x. Perfect every time
Old 01-03-2014, 11:17 PM
JK Freak

I was thinking about this driving through an ice storm with my Truck lites not giving off enough heat to melt ice off. My Jeep came with a hard top that I no longer have and I was thinking of rerouting the rear sprayer to the front for headlights? Need to look into sprayer options with a wide angle in a short distance?
Old 01-04-2014, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Not running wipers. Rain X doesn't work when you are deep in the Colorado Rockies, running highway speeds for a few hours, and I like the thought of moving the rest to the front, that would be easy, but I still use both tops and use the rear a lot. And, I am looking at different nozzles. They all come in different heights and angles. Not sure if I will heat it or not. I may......... I just need to prod around, check clearances, attachment points, etc. Surprisingly, it's not expensive at all. About $60 in pats and shipping and mounting/running everything.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have u tried to go to a junk yard and pull the wiper sys outta an old volvo and just adapt it to the JK
Old 01-04-2014, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
K. This time, I did a search on the forum before posting and found nothing. Has anyone installed a headlight washer system? If so, what brand, components did you use? If no one, I am going to piece one together. I already looked at the parts I need. I am also thinking of running it on its own switch and pump as opposed to tapping it into the existing pump or switch. This way, I can clean the lights independently from the windshield.
Our headlights are so round, concave and recessed i'm not sure you'd get much great results.

I'd be more tempted to try to run some kind of heat to the area.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:24 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
Our headlights are so round, concave and recessed i'm not sure you'd get much great results. I'd be more tempted to try to run some kind of heat to the area.
heat doesn't remove road grime.
As for the junk yard, this us going to sound a bit "snobby", but I'm one of those guys, that when I set out to do something, I do it right the first time. I have the "I'm too poor to buy cheap" mentality. Besides, the parts total, is only about $60 max. If we were talking hundreds, I would reconsider.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepingNet
Our headlights are so round, concave and recessed i'm not sure you'd get much great results.
I think the JK is the perfect vehicle to do this to.

Since the headlights are recessed, you can mount the sprayer right in front of the headlight. It might just take a little but of trial and error to get the spray pattern right.

Also since the grille is so easily removed and made of plastic modifying it should be pretty easy.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Look at the AEV dual sprayer kit. Might get you started.

Quick Reply: Headlight Washer Set Up?