Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with alignment after ProRock 44 install

Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resolution?

Checking to see if you were able to resolve your issue. I’m having the same issue after installing the PR44. I’ve checked everything I can think of but I still have flighty steering. A couple other symptoms are the steering is super responsive while driving and there is torque steer on both acceleration and deceleration. Currently at 7.5 deg. of caster. I started at 5 deg. and slowly increased. I’m going nuts trying to figure this out.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Try reducing caster, rather than increasing it. 4.5 - 5 degrees should nail it, along with your pinion angle.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5 deg. Is where I started. I could hardly keep it on the road. Any little bump and it would shoot across the lane. After a turn the steering would not want to return to center. I started increasing the caster and it slowly got better, but at 7 deg. I feel like I am just masking the root cause. I’ve gone through everything back to front, loosening and then retorquing. No change. Checked all the ball joints and rod ends and they are good. That’s why I’m sitting here scratching my head. Can’t seem to get this one sorted.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

First, what is the degree offset of the housing? If it's 10 degrees, then at five degrees caster you should have five degrees for the pinion angle. If that's in spec, I'd be looking at something else. Be sure the vertical bump stop alignment is centered. Then get a pro alignment and ensure the rear axle thrust angle is in spec before making any adjustments up front. Rear and front axle bump stops should be centered, the axles centered side to side under the frame, the rear pinion angle set before moving on to front axle camber, caster and toe in that order.

Quick Reply: Help with alignment after ProRock 44 install