Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

HELP: Foglight upgrade

Old 07-11-2007, 12:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Foglight upgrade

Hi guys,

Im in AU, and getting my new rubicon unlimited next week. For lighting, I have ipf 900xs spotties, new ipf 7" headlight casing/reflectors, ipf fatboy globes and new H4 loom. All thats left now is the foggies!

What type of foglights are they H10, H13?

Also, what is the best brightest/whitest replacment globes for these? Ive heard alot of people going on about the silverstars, but is there anything better out there?

Just want it nice n white n bright! (who doesnt)

Any first hand experience or opinions appreciated. Aim is to find out asap and order some in, so they are all ready for when the baby arrives

Cheers in advance!!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't find that the Silverstars did that much of a change when I'm driving at night. They are better than stock but not by a longshot. Would I do it again? Aside from the ease of install, I don't find them to be that much of an upgrade. I'd rather go with an HID kit (good one, not like the one I got off eBay from China which has a too short wiring).

Other than that, I don't know of any alternatives for bulbs.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

anyone else with suggestions for replacment bulbs?

What type arethey???
Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with 3000K HIDs, No regrets!! I wired a relay in so they come on automatically with the high beams or with the fog light switch.

Not nearly done with my lighting ideas, but it was a terrific start aned much safer at night. I think I have some pics posted in this site if you look for them.

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Quick Reply: HELP: Foglight upgrade