Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Help identifying spacer lift on Recon

Old 11-14-2023, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identifying spacer lift on Recon

Forgive me is this is the wrong forum or a ridicolous question, but I was hoping that someone could weigh in on whether there is a spacer on my jeep.
I purchased a 2017 Rubicon Recon last winter. It came with aftermarket flat fenders and 35 inch tires with 1.5" tire spacers. I have found that the front tires rub the control arms when on technical trails and the rear tires tend to hit something when fully stuffed. As such, I was going to put on a 2-2.5 inch lift.
Looking at the springs, it appears (to me) that there is a spacer on the front springs and none on the rear. However, I know the Recons are a bit higher than standard Rubicons, so for all I know this is a stock setup. I would really appreciate if someone could let me know if this is a stock Recon suspension- including bump stops. Thanks much.

Old 11-15-2023, 02:02 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

no, that is not factory. that is a spacer on top of the front spring. in the rear it looks like just the factory spring isolator on top but a little hard to tell in that pic. There is generally a rubbery piece that prevents the spring from twisting. I'd probably just look at a nice 2.5" lift if I were you. That front sway bar is really low too. You want that angled up a couple degress. Take a look at the Metalcloak 2.5" lifts.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you! I really appreciate the information... and yes, I am likely getting the MC Dual Rate

Quick Reply: Help identifying spacer lift on Recon